Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bluetooth audio skipping, whats the culprit?

OP Kancerstick

6th February 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

58 posts
For some reason recently anytime I play music through my bluetooth car audio tracks will start skipping. I dont mean skip tracks like from song 1 to song 2. I mean more in the sense like the music gets garbled and loses time.

My music is stored on my sandisk 64 gb sd card. Ive read that these have a high failure rate.

It wouldnt make sense either though because when my music was stored on my internal memory, i remember it happening as well just not as often

But the wierd thing is, it happens sometimes, other times it wont happen.

Could it be my ROM? Im on hyperdrive 6 at the moment.

Any info is appreciated.
Last edited by Kancerstick; 6th February 2014 at 05:14 AM.
7th February 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 5

113 posts
More
Same issue for me. I used several BT devices just fine but had Isimply BT installed in car and it's doing what you described. Can't figure it out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
4th March 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #3  
South Florida
Thanks Meter: 20

169 posts
More
After researching this it appears to be a generic issue with Jellybean that affects various devices. Google implemented most (if not all of the bluetooth stack) in 4.3, so it seems like they unintentionally introduced this bug in the process.

There are a few workarounds you can do that helped my EVO LTE with this (which is running 4.3). Disable WIFI and if possible, keep the device from going to the lock screen with something like NoLock.

More info.
4th March 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 107

817 posts
I am running clean rom. I stream music in my car everyday and havent ever had this problem. Maybe try his rom if you are rooted
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread