5,600,984 Members 43,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

semi-bricked Nook HD (formatted /bootdata) - leapinlar help!

Tip us?

jamesnlou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
When all of that fails it sounds like an emmc brick. In other words, nothing can be successfully written to internal memory so that it takes. Can you still exercise your warranty? In other words, do you have access to a B&N store where you can exchange it? You do not need a receipt as long as you registered stock originally. Do not tell them you had CM on it.
Quote:

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
I did, and thanks Leapinlar! I appreciate your assistance with this!

ilymyself521
Old
(Last edited by ilymyself521; 4th March 2014 at 09:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
When all of that fails it sounds like an emmc brick. In other words, nothing can be successfully written to internal memory so that it takes. Can you still exercise your warranty? In other words, do you have access to a B&N store where you can exchange it? You do not need a receipt as long as you registered stock originally. Do not tell them you had CM on it.

hello,I have the same problems with jamesnlou,when I power the nook on,it only display the "nook",then do nothing.but I can use the ADB to visit the EMMC,or download the nook_stock_room.zip(this is a example rom) to the EMMC by using the command line"adb put xxx /emmc/",I can also flash nook_stock_room.zip,but the processing of install will be interrupted,the method to boot the nook by flashing CMW to a sdcard is available.
I doubt that the partition of the nook hd is broken.but I can`t have the backup of the partation.Could you provide one to me, leapinlar? I want to try the 16 item in your thread " [USER Tips] HD/HD+ Stock Root User Tips from LeapinLar", Could you help me?

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3400

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilymyself521 View Post
hello,I have the same problems with jamesnlou,when I power the nook on,it only display the "nook",then do nothing.but I can use the ADB to visit the EMMC,or download the nook_stock_room.zip(this is a example rom) to the EMMC by using the command line"adb put xxx /emmc/",I can also flash nook_stock_room.zip,but the processing of install will be interrupted,the method to boot the nook by flashing CMW to a sdcard is available.
I doubt that the partition of the nook hd is broken.but I can`t have the backup of the partation.Could you provide one to me, leapinlar? I want to try the 16 item in your thread " [USER Tips] HD/HD+ Stock Root User Tips from LeapinLar", Could you help me?
It is not 'a' file, it is several, some of them quite large. And they are specific to your device. Can you return it like I advised the previous user?

See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here