Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery drain in airplane mode (> 1%/hr)

Tip us?

rogeriorp
Old
Thanks Meter 80
I gave it a try with wifi and location set to off tonight, dropped from 18 to 17% in 8.5h. Satisfied.

if0rg0t
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
See this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50467389

Quote:
I turned airplane mode on, and left location services on. Battery drain was 2.8%/hr (measured over a 5% battery drain interval) with the phone only being awake for 7min 28sec when the screen was off. There were around 5min of NLP wakelocks, and some other miscelaneous ones. I don't think that explains the battery drain fully.

Then, I turned off location services, and the battery drain has been 1.7%/hr (measured over an 8% battery drain interval) with a total awake time of 5 mins, and of that only 1 min of awake time when the screen was off. Very few to no wakelocks.

What is wrong? Why is the battery draining at ~2%/hr with airplane mode on, location services off, and the phone being in deep sleep pretty much the whole time!?

Wizzie86
Old
(Last edited by Wizzie86; 7th March 2014 at 07:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Dear iforgot and others,

This workaround helps you get rid of the drain:

Step 1. Disable location and reboot.

Step 2. Use your phone normally: you won't have a drain.

If you want to use location again, the drain will start. Regardless of whether you turn location off. You will need to perform step 1 again in order to get rid of the drain.