Battery drain in airplane mode (> 1%/hr)

15th February 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 102

401 posts
More
I gave it a try with wifi and location set to off tonight, dropped from 18 to 17% in 8.5h. Satisfied.
19th February 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #92  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

106 posts
See this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50467389

Quote:

I turned airplane mode on, and left location services on. Battery drain was 2.8%/hr (measured over a 5% battery drain interval) with the phone only being awake for 7min 28sec when the screen was off. There were around 5min of NLP wakelocks, and some other miscelaneous ones. I don't think that explains the battery drain fully.

Then, I turned off location services, and the battery drain has been 1.7%/hr (measured over an 8% battery drain interval) with a total awake time of 5 mins, and of that only 1 min of awake time when the screen was off. Very few to no wakelocks.

What is wrong? Why is the battery draining at ~2%/hr with airplane mode on, location services off, and the phone being in deep sleep pretty much the whole time!?

4th March 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
Dear iforgot and others,

This workaround helps you get rid of the drain:

Step 1. Disable location and reboot.

Step 2. Use your phone normally: you won't have a drain.

If you want to use location again, the drain will start. Regardless of whether you turn location off. You will need to perform step 1 again in order to get rid of the drain.
Last edited by Wizzie86; 7th March 2014 at 07:10 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread