5,600,664 Members 37,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help me root Blu Dash 4.5? UPDATE: root and boot successful

Tip us?

soguysimalittlehigh
Old
(Last edited by soguysimalittlehigh; 8th February 2014 at 07:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help me root Blu Dash 4.5? UPDATE: root and boot successful

First off, I'm using Linux, specifically xubuntu.

Hey I've never rooted a phone and have been up all night trying to figure this out. It seems that there isn't a guide for this particular model and I'm trying to figure out how to get it rooted. If I understand correctly, I believe the first step I need to do is retrieve my stock recovery img to use the CWM builder and I'm sort of lost. Here's all the info I can offer to help you help me.

update: Framaroot worked. 5 minutes max. The middle option. wtf. I don't even know what to do now. ahahahahahaha

THIS IS HOUSTON. WE HAVE LIFT OFF.

keywords for every other exhausted noob:
blu dash 4.5 root recovery flash img

ok ok now I have to unlock the bootloader I guess and I'm still confused

edit again: 2 hours later, ended up at the same G+ page, read a couple comments below and now I have CWM installed.
Summary of How To
download Framaroot, select the second option(the first didn't work or something)
Download the CVM from the google + page
HTML Code:
https://plus.google.com/107075561881109670409/posts/RWuhJBoFXa9
Quote:
Steps: your device with ROOT. Install mobileuncletool.
- unzip file : copy recovery. img for you sdcard. Not use WiFi.
- in mobileuncletoll have a option: Update recovery. Select and you see recovery.img (see date and size). Select and choose OK. Reboot automatically in CWM.

pharmdeity
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile clarification requested please

I'm also interested in rooting my dash 4.5. Your post is the only helpful one I've found, so thanks for that.

I've only rooted one phone before so I'm almost a complete noob, plus it was a couple of years ago. Anyway, I've never used framaroot or CWM, and have little understanding of the inner workings of Linux. So, I'm needing a little clarification on the process you used.

If Framaroot works I should be able to get that to work, but if I have to use CWM I'll probably just work with a non rooted dash 4.5. But if it's not too hard to do, and you don't mind spelling things out for me, I'll give it a shot.

So did you have to use framaroot and then use CWM to get things working?

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.