Ask a question

No registration required

Smallest/Cleanest or overal best Custom Rom for SGH-M919

OP NiMaD83

28th February 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

65 posts
Long story short, i have tried a couple roms and they are mostly pretty damn good and highly customizable but what is everyone's personal fav custom rom? What is the smallest that still carry the features like wiifi calling *losing the tmobile apps and knox*
??
-one that works with Link2SD as well cause thats the one issue ive been having
-and one thats not on kit-kat since they are trying to do away with micro card access and thats my biggest need
Last edited by NiMaD83; 28th February 2014 at 08:21 AM.
28th February 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

91 posts
Any ROM that allows WiFi Calling is NOT going to be small, full stop. This is because only TouchWiz ROMs (and then only those before 4.4 KitKat) will support WiFi Calling (T-Mobile uses TW libraries for it). The best you can hope for is to look for a Debloated TW ROM (even these can get big, around 1GB, compared to AOSP-based ROMs which only tip the scales at around 150MB or so), and even then you'll probably have to add in the T-Mobile bloat to get WiFi Calling working.

I'm not too well versed in Link2SD myself since I've never had a need to transfer apps to the SD (anything I use that relies on big data can already use the SD card itself), but as I understand it, even from the beginning, that system has had lots of compatibility issued.
28th February 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 961

3,235 posts
More
Wicked v10

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,031

5,085 posts
More
Just a head's up about threads like these...they are not allowed on XDA. Any thread of the variety of "what ROM is best for me" is not permitted on XDA as it will always degrade into a battle between loyal ROM users ovver which is best.

The best ROM for your needs might be the worst ROM for my needs. So these threads lead nowhere and get locked.

The ONLY way to determine what the best ROM for you is, is to try them out and see.

However, as stated above, if you need Wifi calling then you will need a TouchWiz based ROM. That negates it being a small ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

Wicked v10

Im on the new wicked rom and still get issues with Link2SD. And it seems like when i format then flash rom it doesnt delete it? Like it just installs over. Cause there just seems to be quite a bit of used space unaccounted for somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiMaD83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks

Just a head's up about threads like these...they are not allowed on XDA. Any thread of the variety of "what ROM is best for me" is not permitted on XDA as it will always degrade into a battle between loyal ROM users ovver which is best.

Understood, it was more of what was smallest to install though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks

However, as stated above, if you need Wifi calling then you will need a TouchWiz based ROM. That negates it being a small ROM.

Honestly i haven't really found a benefit of wifi calling.
2nd March 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 35

182 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMaD83

Long story short, i have tried a couple roms and they are mostly pretty damn good and highly customizable but what is everyone's personal fav custom rom? What is the smallest that still carry the features like wiifi calling *losing the tmobile apps and knox*
??
-one that works with Link2SD as well cause thats the one issue ive been having
-and one thats not on kit-kat since they are trying to do away with micro card access and thats my biggest need

Do you want 4.3 or 4.4?
4th March 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braschlosan

Do you want 4.3 or 4.4?

Whatever is the smallest install.

I have Wicked installed atm and i turned on Multi-window feature and had everything freeze and stop running and i mean everything. Had to take the battery out and then it would get stuck on the samsung boot logo and no further. The only way i could get it to load back was cleaning up the dalivik in recovery and fixing permissions. Then i got back but a couple things still stopped. Atleast nothing important.

What is up with custom roms and things stopping? Am i putting to much strain on it? Every custom rom has done this to me so far.

*edit - still getting stuck at samsung boot logo when trying to do a normal reset :/
Last edited by NiMaD83; 4th March 2014 at 07:05 AM.
4th March 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #9  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 961

3,235 posts
More
I'm enjoying the cyanogen nightlies:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1393950892822.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	46.0 KB