Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 54,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 Issue

Tip us?

XxDementurioSxX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt CM11 Issue

Hello everybody! I would have asked these questions in the cm11 thread, but it seems I need to reach 10 posts to do that.

I am experiencing a rather unpleasant slowness regarding the launcher. I'm using galaxyfreak's build 4 of the ROM. Apps and games seem to run smoothly, but when dropping down the status bar or scrolling through the settings or contacts, it's not so smooth at all.

And I would also like to ask how do I activate ART?

I've changed the ro.config.low_ram thing to false, but it's still slow. It's better but it's still slowish.

CM9 and Sense 4 ROMs are buttery smooth but I enjoy having the latest version of Android.

I'm using a class 10 sd-card, by the way.

maksuperlink
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Arrow sd card

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDementurioSxX View Post
Hello everybody! I would have asked these questions in the cm11 thread, but it seems I need to reach 10 posts to do that.

I am experiencing a rather unpleasant slowness regarding the launcher. I'm using galaxyfreak's build 4 of the ROM. Apps and games seem to run smoothly, but when dropping down the status bar or scrolling through the settings or contacts, it's not so smooth at all.

on my class 4 sd card it runs a lot smoother try clean flash and I never try ART because I never need it.

XxDementurioSxX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksuperlink View Post
on my class 4 sd card it runs a lot smoother try clean flash and I never try ART because I never need it.
I'm always wiping everything when flashing a rom. That's not the culprit.

FiVlaskCZ
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDementurioSxX View Post

And I would also like to ask how do I activate ART?

I've changed the ro.config.low_ram thing to false, but it's still slow. It's better but it's still slowish.

CM9 and Sense 4 ROMs are buttery smooth but I enjoy having the latest version of Android.

Try Cody kernel and restore ro.config.low_ram to true
My device? Awesome HTC Pico!
ROM? KiteKat or Kitkat?
Recovery? PhilZ Touch 5 Recovery

My English is bad so I must edited my posts... Most of them

Thanks button waiting !

KiteKat is food for cats

iamrohit7
Old
Thanks Meter 10
For ART goto settings>developer options>select runtime>art.
It's slow because of upstream changes. (not sure).
probably it will be fixed in beta 5