[APP] New Blimps 2.0 - Floating Dialer Buttons

Search This thread

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com
Blimps 2.0 - Floating Dialer Features

Hi all,

Its back and its 2.0 !
With Blimps the dialer buttons floats on top of your screen and you can do whatever whenever while talking with someone.

New UI and new floating Buttons
What's Floating:
- Hide'em
- End call
- Loud Speaker
- Mute
- Quick Note
- Dialer (might have 5 sec. delay after pressing the home button)

Features :
- Compatible with Android 6.0.1+
- Dynamic positioning on screen (hide mode)
- Proximity enable/disable to prevent clicking mistakes

I often find myself doing something else with my phone while talking on it. like : SMS, chat, Mails...
by doing something else i always send my dialer to the background and loosing the control of my call options (mute, speaker, hangup...)
whenever i want to use my dialer options i need to stop what i was doing -> pull down the notification bar -> press the dialer -> use it (long time)
well... NO MORE.

As you all know Android has many OS UIs (Touchwiz, LG UI....) so it hasn't been tested on every one of them.
So if you can help me check Blimps on different UIs I'll appreciate your feedback.

Checkout short video:

Play store link : Blimps

changelog :

2.0 -
- New UI
- New Buttons

1.3 -
- Visual loud speaker state
- choosing the Blimps default position (Left / Right)
- New Splash screen
** still working on the major version update with more buttons

Last edited:

revcrpb

Nov 28, 2012

Seems to be working as advertised. Actually using it right now as I type. :) The speakerphone button works fine, and the end call button works fine. Very handy. However, when I switched from speaker to regular phone, my screen didn't shut off when I held it to my ear. I'll try it a few more times with and without your app running to see if it's my phone or the app.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

osama-selo

Jun 17, 2012
Damascus
Thanks for this useful app :good:

Can u implement some features from Call Popout like grouping all the options under one movable head (like facebook chat head) and have more options like the call time, silence the ring, pick up, hang up... etc, as Call Popout development seems to be discontinued.

birdfish

Nov 12, 2010
Note 3 SM-N9005 works perfect on outgoing call; incoming call still shows the dialer, no popup!

Reactions: CurlyY

kernelmoron

Jun 18, 2013
Bs As
Just tried it on RAZR HD (XT 925) on cm11 and works perfectly (incoming and outgoing calls and screen off on proximity). I'm sticking to this app

leandeganis

Feb 4, 2012
Buenos AIres
testing

Thanks for your work! great idea!

I found a BUG:
* It keeps the proximity sensor ON all the time (I can see the red light) after a call. Until I kill the Blimps process.

Also, for improvement, I think it needs to be implemented as some sort of Service, just so it's not being killed so easily. Virtually any kill app, even the same Android OS, will kill it since it's "just an app in the background". (or you can code it for Xposed Framework!)

The rest of the app seems to be working perfect! Tested for outgoing calls on Defy with CM11.

Just to be curious, why does it need connectivity access permission? Just to open playstore?

Last edited:
Reactions: abcdw654

Publiuss

Jun 29, 2012

Can u implement some features from Call Popout like grouping all the options under one movable head (like facebook chat head) and have more options like the call time, silence the ring, pick up, hang up... etc, as Call Popout development seems to be discontinued.

Hi

Just thinking the same, Call Popout works quite bad, but its features (answer calls, blacklist...) are interesting, so would be nice to have a decent, active mantainted multitasking call app! :good:

Reactions: osama-selo

ZzKrackzZ

Nov 21, 2012
Works like a charm on Nexus 5, Cataclysm ROM!

Great job!

Just a suggestion, can you create a "FN Extension" for this feature?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
working great on my GS3, GS4 and Nexus. Simple but effective. Like it a lot, Nice job!!

pogibry

Jan 6, 2012
West Valley City
Worked perfectly on my Samsung G'Nex running a flavor of cm11!!! I had no issues with my proximity sensor or touchscreen. Such a simple concept yet there never really has been a good solution. I for one am glad you made this :highfive:

gReen_Lloyd

Feb 19, 2014
Like it. Proximity Sensor does not work. Auto start on boot. Nice....

Note2 / 4.3 / CF_Auto-Stock

KILLplay

Jul 19, 2010
Thanks for fixing this glaring lack of a feature. Now my phone call multitasking experience is complete. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Blimps 2.0 - Floating Dialer Features

Hi all,

Its back and its 2.0 !
    With Blimps the dialer buttons floats on top of your screen and you can do whatever whenever while talking with someone.

New UI and new floating Buttons
    What's Floating:
    - Hide'em
    - End call
    - Loud Speaker
    - Mute
    - Quick Note
    - Dialer (might have 5 sec. delay after pressing the home button)

Features :
    - Compatible with Android 6.0.1+
    - Dynamic positioning on screen (hide mode)
    - Proximity enable/disable to prevent clicking mistakes

I often find myself doing something else with my phone while talking on it. like : SMS, chat, Mails...
    by doing something else i always send my dialer to the background and loosing the control of my call options (mute, speaker, hangup...)
    whenever i want to use my dialer options i need to stop what i was doing -> pull down the notification bar -> press the dialer -> use it (long time)
    well... NO MORE.

As you all know Android has many OS UIs (Touchwiz, LG UI....) so it hasn't been tested on every one of them.
    So if you can help me check Blimps on different UIs I'll appreciate your feedback.

Checkout short video:

Play store link : Blimps

changelog :

2.0 -
    - New UI
    - New Buttons

1.3 -
    - Visual loud speaker state
    - choosing the Blimps default position (Left / Right)
    - New Splash screen
    ** still working on the major version update with more buttons

We all waiting for a new update...can't wait!! please. Thanks.

hi,

Just now released a new version (1.3) with new modifications.

BTW -
    I'm working on a major update that will include more features (between projects...).
    hope this one will be OK for now ;)

again thanks for all feedback it helps allot :good:

Same happens on each phone I've tested. IR led keeps on after finishing a call outside the phone app UI, with the blimps end call button. Until I kill blimps process.

Released new version with a fix.
    updated in PLAY store and on thread 1st page

thanks for the feedback :good: