Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MK2 Loki method?

Tip us?

Army_Spec_Ops
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default MK2 Loki method?

Hi everyone so i originally had the 4.3 Hyperdrive rom flashed on my S4 but then i saw the GE 4.4.2 and wanted to flash it to my phone. i am new to the s4 area since i just upgraded from my GNex. but is there a way to get TWRP working right for the MK2 version as well as getting a loki method to work so i can flash the GE 4.4.2? when i try to install TWRP from GooManager it says it installs but when i press reboot to recovery it kicks it into download mode and says "cant boot up normally". any ideas or help? thanks
Current:
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Orca 4.2+
Kernel: Orca stock

Gone:
HTC Inspire:
Simple Mobile
Radio: 12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M
ROM: peanutbutta JELLYTIME!!

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Spec_Ops View Post
Hi everyone so i originally had the 4.3 Hyperdrive rom flashed on my S4 but then i saw the GE 4.4.2 and wanted to flash it to my phone. i am new to the s4 area since i just upgraded from my GNex. but is there a way to get TWRP working right for the MK2 version as well as getting a loki method to work so i can flash the GE 4.4.2? when i try to install TWRP from GooManager it says it installs but when i press reboot to recovery it kicks it into download mode and says "cant boot up normally". any ideas or help? thanks
I can't speak of sprint S4's as this is a verizon forum. Somebody else maybe able to comment but on verizon S4 there is no loki exploit in firmware after MDK was released.
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If you are on sprint... I think a few people were having better luck using Odin to flash Philz (cwm)
That's what I did on my other s4 (sprint )
Cf auto root, then Odin Philz . worked like a charm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

I can also say that Philz just seemed to work better for me on that phone. Not sure if Knox had anything Ru so with it. You may want to Odin back to stock, then Odin Philz. Just my opinion

Army_Spec_Ops
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I'm not on sprint. I have Verizon is there any way that I can get it flashed? Is it possible to downgrade and then loki and flash the GE?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
Current:
Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Gone:
HTC Inspire:
Simple Mobile

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm not on sprint. I have Verizon is there any way that I can get it flashed? Is it possible to downgrade and then loki and flash the GE?

OK I was going off your profile which says sprint.
No you can't downgrade.
You can root and use SafeStrap. Luckily there are now quite a few SS Roms out there for your phone. They will only be Touchwiz however.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Go here.. Lot of great info
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

You won't be able to flash any 4.4 TW Roms until Verizon pushes that ota out and devs get those Roms working.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Army_Spec_Ops
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I'm not a big fan of touchwiz... The only ui like that that I actually liked was HTC Sense and that was back when it first came out lol I'd rather have my stock Android ui back like I had on my nexus

Current:
Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Gone:
HTC Inspire:
Simple Mobile

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of touchwiz... The only ui like that that I actually liked was HTC Sense and that was back when it first came out lol I'd rather have my stock Android ui back like I had on my nexus

Im with ya there. I prefer aosp myself not TW. Well the only option really for you would to either get a dev s4 or a MDK s4 off swappa. And sell the one you have now. There are some nice tw Roms that give the feel of aosp but its still TW.
Anyways... That's what I did. Sold my mj7 S4 and grabbed an mdk one. If you ask me the Dev edition is just to much money.

ppat324wi
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You can check out Eclipse or foxhound diamond dogs they both are touchwiz but have the looks of aosp

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hit thanks if I helped you!

-----------Devices---------
Verizon Galaxy S4 Kitkat (NC5)
Droid Bionic XT875 Rooted with Safestrap on Jelly Bean (Retired)

Triscuit
Old
Thanks Meter 442
+1 for eclipse, be sure to get the most updated version on his own website. His ROM has touchwizz base but its heavily themed to look like aosp.