Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 37,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom recovery w/KNOX question

Tip us?

snatale1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Custom recovery w/KNOX question

Hey guys, dumb question. I'll start by saying I do NOT care about pissing off KNOX and getting a 0x1, with that said can I just install a custom recovery via Odin as we did in the S3's? Or is there still more to it? I'm already rooted of course and can't seem to google this on up as most people are trying to avoid the 0x1.
The Following User Says Thank You to snatale1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Hey guys, dumb question. I'll start by saying I do NOT care about pissing off KNOX and getting a 0x1, with that said can I just install a custom recovery via Odin as we did in the S3's? Or is there still more to it? I'm already rooted of course and can't seem to google this on up as most people are trying to avoid the 0x1.
If you're not on the MDK build you can't install a custom recovery. It has nothing to do with Knox, it has to do with the locked bootloader. Any build after MDK has to use Safestrap.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
you need to research some threads here as it would answer most questions pretty quickly

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48683964
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3