Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 47,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best app to Remove Stock ROM's Apps?

Tip us?

GERJDOY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Best app to Remove Stock ROM's Apps?

I am looking for an app that will allow me to delete ROM Stock Apps (bloatware) & am a little lost when it comes to chosing the app I need.
I've been doing my research, between reading threads on here & other Android forums and Google searching gleened apps and what they do.

I do not really want to resort to custom ROM if I can achieve full removal of unwanted apps; although I have a cust ROM on standby if I can not modify my Stock- [complete version] HighPerformance_Veloz46_V.1.2.0_Complete.zip (144.5MB), as recommended & vouched for by a fellow XDA member. Member uses this everyday without any issues. BUT ONLY IF I can not modify MY ROM!

IF I have done my research correctly, I DO NOT THINK I NEED Android Assistant, Clean Tool, Link2sd or Apps2sd as I do not really want to go the freeze/ move to SD/ but they are still there route.

I WANT UNWANTED APPS GONE!

So, I THINK I need 1 of the following?; Titanium BackUp (4.49) (I am on the verge of buying this 1, thought I would check here first) & Root Explorer (3).

Phone state:
My WfS A510e is- Rom 2.13.401.2 w/ 2.26.401.3 OTAU, still S-ON, BOOTLOADER unlocked, CWM 5.0.2.8 RECOVERY & has SuperSU installed (as I naively thought it would allow me to do what I required).

Am I correct in my assessment of the situation (my choice of "will delete Stock Apps apps") & it will? & am I getting the best 1 for my needs?

Thanks.

artturnip
Old
(Last edited by artturnip; 2nd March 2014 at 12:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Get root and use a file manager. Just delete the apks in the system/app and data/app folders. Use the Rhythm Software file manager.

In settings you will need to enable the following settings:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artturnip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GERJDOY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by artturnip View Post
Get root and use a file manager. Just delete the apks in the system/app and data/app folders. Use the Rhythm Software file manager.

In settings you will need to enable the following settings:

Thank you artturnip for your feedback.

I have been learning about the .apks & how they must go, in order to remove an app. Thanks for the path's instructions.

May I ask; the screen shot/ your recommendation- is it from File Manager (Explorer) Rhythm Software- February 23, 2014 free download (4 and 1/2 out of 5 stars rating) on \\play.goole.com?

If I have the right one, I will give it a try.

Thanks.

artturnip
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Yep. That's the app

The Following User Says Thank You to artturnip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GERJDOY
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default THANK YOU artturnip!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artturnip View Post
Yep. That's the app

Just a quick written THANKS to member artturnip!

It has take me a couple of days to figure out how to use (I should of examined the screen shots better- tick "Mount System Folders as well as Root Explorer option".
Because of my lack of knowledge I thought that I could not delete Stock via the free version, so I downloaded the "Pro" 1, small charge of 1.99) & also (Free) Root Checker- just to be sure! Also. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it, but I also allowed SuperSU (Free version) access File Manager.

But I am there now; I have JUST deleted my first test app- Facebook.apk- AND IT HAS GONE. YES I'M in full control of my Wfs!

I am now browsing to find a list of what I can/ not delete.

Just to say a heart-felt, grateful THANKS (& to all XDA members who have helped me out SO MUCH over these last few weeks- XDA is FANTASTIC- top of ANY recommendation list!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Job done. Thank you.

artturnip
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Yep. You would have had to allow Superuser access from File Manager. No problem, I was once a new member to these humble Wildfire S forums and have in my many years as an XDA member learnt much from others.

Its great to know that you've had a great introduction to XDA, welcome onboard.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Oh and thanks for the written thanks.

MODERATOR: Looks like this thread is OK to be locked now.

The Following User Says Thank You to artturnip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]