Telechips TCC8803, 2Din Car Media Center Running Android 4.0.4 ICS

Tip us?

geko1966
Old
(Last edited by geko1966; 16th December 2013 at 04:14 PM.) Reason: Update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 274
Tablet Telechips TCC8803, 2Din Car Media Center Running Android 4.0.4 ICS

2 Din Car DVD Stereo GPS+ CD Player +MP3 +Bluetooth +Ipod +WiFi+ 3G+7 inch Android 4.0 Tablet Car PC Media

The Pad was delivered rooted, and that was just great, so i did some modifications, such as installing Chainfires SU, Link to sd, Online nandroid and a few more goodies that a rooted android needs.

Now....here is what wend wrong, checked out the busybox installed on the pad and it was version 1.8.3 and wend in and installed busybox manager and could see that there was an update for the busybox to version 1.20.2 if i remember correctly, so i updated and everything wend smoothly, until i rebooted the pad...suddenly everything was changed, i had to calibrate the pad and so on...basically it had lost the whole configuration.
Then i wend in and checked storage!! the internal storage was now in 0.00 mb left....meaning, even when going in and wanting to re install something, there is no space, and every time i reboot i have to redo the whole thing cause it cannot keep the settings.

It runs a 3e recovery. there is a wipe/reset but it will not let me get down to the "yes wipe/reset" i can only choose the NO.

I would appreciate it, if anyone has any knowledge to this and how i can get it back to the original state.
the issue came when updating the busybox.

Facts about the PAD/OS

Android: ICS 4.0.4 rooted
Hardware Pad

CPU:Telechips TCC8803,1.0GHz; Cortex-A8 Kernel, 45nm processing.
RAM: DDR III 512M
ROM FLASH:4GB
Power IC:TDA 7388/LA47002/TA2929/TA2939
Extended memory card:Up to 32GB SD/TF card
WiFi:Bulit-in High performance, low power consumption, Atheros 6302 WiFi802.11b/g/n.
3G:3G Universal Drive ---Support extral USB Dongle:WCDMA,EVDO,TD-SCDMA GPS,JRC G591Receiving Module
G-SENSOR:3 axis acceleration sensor and 3D IC hardware acceleration,could realize dynamic 3D game and 3D interface.
CAMERA: support 0.3-2 Megapixels rear camera
Speaker:built-in speaker,1pc 1W,8Ohm
Micphone:built-in, high sensitivity input, right&left channel
Indicator light:built-in red charging indicator light,built-in vibration motor
Hardware CarAudio System
Operation System DVD platform
CPU:Toshiba TMP86FS49UG
Display:Supplier:Innolux
LCD:7 inch 800*480 HD, TFT digital screen, Resistive touch screen.

MODEL Nr: C12R1 (crane)
Baseband version: 1.4rc2
Kernel version: 3.0.8 zsl@Server - 102 # 447
Build number: crane_C12R1-eng4.0.4 IMM76D 20131114 test-keys

Had more info on the pad, but got lost after updating the busybox and loosing connection to the installed apk“s

Looking forward getting some inputs from some people in here, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

PS! if it is possible to to get a cwm rec. for this would be great. I have checked some other threads in here, but they are running unofficial cyanogenmod 7 running gb with a cwm 5 made for that.

Edited:

Turns out that Busybox manager installed the busybox in \xbin instead of \sbin.

After a bit of browsing found this very helpful thread at: http://tabletrepublic.com

As there still was a file explorer that was a system apk, i could get to the external SDcard and install root explorer.
I then copied the busybox file from \xbin to \sbin, rebooted the tab and voila.....all back to normal again.

Hope it will help others that experience the same frustration after updating busybox.

PS!....would still like to know if somebody have tried to install cwm recovery, and if and when i find out my self i will let You know.
Phone1:HTC DHD
ROM: JellyTime Latest Release
Kernel:JT Latest Release
Latest Radio/Baseband: 12.69.60.29_26.17.14.11_M-->http://d-h.st/T1X
Latest 4EXTrecovery-->http://www.4ext.net

Phone2:SGS4 4.4.2 stock Chainfire autoroot+TWRP 2.6.3.1

PAD:Xoom 601 Wifi/3G EU
ROM:EOS 4.2 JB Latest Release
Recovery:Touch by Team Rogue
Xperia X8
click here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1873040

ben63vw
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Update request

I just got one of these radios and was wondering if there was any more going on with this tablet. Not much is found about it when searching. It would be great to be able to do a swap of the internal system space with the external sd as the internal space is small 256mb for system & 4gb for internal sd.