Is this the only tablet of it's kind?

Search This thread

Khar00f

Aug 22, 2010
Montreal
Good day everyone,

I was shopping for a tablet when I came across this beauty. I'm looking for specific specs and this is the only one I found with such specs.

This is what I was looking for:

Snapdragon 800/ EXYNOS 5420
2GB/3GB RAM
1080P
10.1"

All I was able to find was 10.1 with 2560x1600 (or whatever it is). all 1080p res tablets were running last gen. Socs.

Reason I'm looking for no more than 1080p is because I believe it to be best performance quality ratio. 2500px rez is too much for current socs and they struggle to keep up with the res. When you do more than just Web browsing.

So far this Sony tablet is exactly what I'm looking for, does anyone know of any other models that provide those specs?

I was hoping for Samsung Galaxy line up, but so far either higher specs or lower resolution. So no go for me.

Thanks in advance,
Khar00f

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Yes. Only one. And the S801 is pretty powerful to handle the higher resolution. The biggest problems would be battery... And this is a really awesome device. Go for it. Last gen Tab Z is really good. This must be way better

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

awilson77584

Apr 18, 2011
Yes. Only one. And the S801 is pretty powerful to handle the higher resolution. The biggest problems would be battery... And this is a really awesome device. Go for it. Last gen Tab Z is really good. This must be way better

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Does it have an SD slot and an HDMI interface?

Thanks!

ziprar

Aug 9, 2012
I just bought xperia z1 compact not too long ago and its an awesome device I am now looking to replace my old note tablet.

Does anyone know how 801 (not sure if its released yet) handles or will handle 10 bit 1080 vids (mainly anime)? my phone plays 720p 10bit flawlessly.

cheers
ed

jmacc

Dec 1, 2011
Good day everyone,

I was shopping for a tablet when I came across this beauty. I'm looking for specific specs and this is the only one I found with such specs.

This is what I was looking for:

Snapdragon 800/ EXYNOS 5420
2GB/3GB RAM
1080P
10.1"

All I was able to find was 10.1 with 2560x1600 (or whatever it is). all 1080p res tablets were running last gen. Socs.

Reason I'm looking for no more than 1080p is because I believe it to be best performance quality ratio. 2500px rez is too much for current socs and they struggle to keep up with the res. When you do more than just Web browsing.

So far this Sony tablet is exactly what I'm looking for, does anyone know of any other models that provide those specs?

I was hoping for Samsung Galaxy line up, but so far either higher specs or lower resolution. So no go for me.

Thanks in advance,
Khar00f

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Wow... Small world!
Just came for a read of this tablet and who do i find.. Khar00f from undernet :p

How are you ?

Take care.... L0giX / SASSS :good::laugh:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts