Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,984 Members 47,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Returning to stock firmware? [Omate Truesmart]

Tip us?

bladeofdarkness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Returning to stock firmware? [Omate Truesmart]

Ok so i followed Lokifish Marz's SPflash tools and return to stock flashing tutorial.

The problem is when i shut the device off for SPtools to start flashing it gets stuck at Downloading DA 100% and then i get an error saying that SPtools cannot reach the device. But even after that my omate soft bricks and i have to wait for the battery to die and recharge before i can use it again.
Do i need to update SPtools or something? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks ~ Bladeofdarkness

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Ok so i followed Lokifish Marz's SPflash tools and return to stock flashing tutorial.

The problem is when i shut the device off for SPtools to start flashing it gets stuck at Downloading DA 100% and then i get an error saying that SPtools cannot reach the device. But even after that my omate soft bricks and i have to wait for the battery to die and recharge before i can use it again.
Do i need to update SPtools or something? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks ~ Bladeofdarkness
"cannot reach the device" is a disconnect issue. Try gently lifting the pins on the dock to get better contact with the TS.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

bladeofdarkness
Old
(Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 4th March 2014 at 10:54 PM.) Reason: adding info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Turn on again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
"cannot reach the device" is a disconnect issue. Try gently lifting the pins on the dock to get better contact with the TS.
Yes ive tried but would this cause me to not be able to turn on the true smart afterwards?
The exact error was:

error: brom error : s_ft_da_no_response(4001) da didn't send response data to flash tool! [hint]:

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes ive tried but would this cause me to not be able to turn on the true smart afterwards?
The exact error was:

error: brom error : s_ft_da_no_response(4001) da didn't send response data to flash tool! [hint]:
That error is the TS disconnecting from the PC during the flash process. What OD are you using? What model are you trying to flash? What firmware are you using?
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

bladeofdarkness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That error is the TS disconnecting from the PC during the flash process. What OD are you using? What model are you trying to flash? What firmware are you using?
Noob question whats a OD?

Model just says Truesmart, dev 512 + 4

Firmware is omate_1900_truesmart_20140120.zip - 688.00 MB

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Noob question whats a OD?

Model just says Truesmart, dev 512 + 4

Firmware is omate_1900_truesmart_20140120.zip - 688.00 MB
OS (Sorry)

That firmware has no working sensors. you want the working sensors release.

bladeofdarkness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
OS (Sorry)

That firmware has no working sensors. you want the working sensors release.

But only the EU version says working sensors...

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
But only the EU version says working sensors...
Sorry, I'm all over the place right now and folks not listing much needed info from the start makes it really hard

The sensors work on the 1900 firmware. So the if you have a 1900 then the 1900 firmware is what you want. Sorry.

bladeofdarkness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Sorry, I'm all over the place right now and folks not listing much needed info from the start makes it really hard

The sensors work on the 1900 firmware. So the if you have a 1900 then the 1900 firmware is what you want. Sorry.
Thats what i have now how do i get SPtools to stop soft bricking the device?

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thats what i have now how do i get SPtools to stop soft bricking the device?
What OS is on your computer?
Where did you get the SPTools and drivers from?

(if this issue had been posted in the thread where you got SPTools from and the guide you followed this would be much easier)

Tags
firmware, needhelp, omate truesmart, smartwatch, stock

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more