5,606,409 Members 33,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which 4.4 Kit Kat ROM would you recommend?
Omni ROM 4.4 Kit Kat 24 11.16%
Mackay ROM 4.4 48 22.33%
Unofficial CM 11 54 25.12%
CyanAOSP KK4.4 v1.0.0 34 15.81%
C-RoM -4.4 9 4.19%
[4.4.2] SlimKat 36 16.74%
KK 4.4 Dandrio 0 0%
[4.4.2]Paranoid Android 13 6.05%
EHNDROIX IV 14.1.1 8 3.72%
[KK]CenterClockDate+Color - transparent + S3/S4 Themed [CM Based] 1 0.47%
[UNOFFICIAL][AOSP][4.4.2][KOT49H] SuperNexus 4.0 1 0.47%
Mokee Opensource Project RELEASE Ver. MK 44.2 (kitkat 4.4.2) 5 2.33%
[4.4.2] IllusionRom [Experimental] 2 0.93%
[4.4.2]Omni for the Galaxy S I9000 3 1.40%
[linaro] Lightweight CM11 with Mackay kernel 3 1.40%
[4.4.2][AOSP]Smasher X Mini -5.0.3 0 0%
[4.4] Avatar ROM for Samsung Galaxy S (galaxysmtd) 1 0.47%
[UNOFFICIAL][AOSP][KK][4.4.2][KOT49H] SuperNexus 4.0 BUILD1 - I9000 by aways 4 1.86%
[AOSP][4.4.2][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom by The_Wolf91 5 2.33%
[OMNI] [Team D.I.R.T] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 - Galaxysmtd v5.0 by The_Wolf91 1 0.47%
4.4.2] VanirAOSP [Unofficial] by driodmaster92 2 0.93%
[4.4.2][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.0 by @rodman01 9 4.19%
[4.4.2][06/02/14]Beanstalk I9000 Unofficial by @sooti 3 1.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL][FAQ][Discussion] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S [i9000][i9001][M110S]

Tip us?

tomasso32
Old
(Last edited by tomasso32; 4th March 2014 at 07:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasso32 View Post
This didn't work for me. Hellybean 4.2.2 and hoping for CM11.

E: Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140303-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip

(Status 7)

Installation Aborted.

Tom.
Amended: I didn't do the reboot into CWM recovery, so it was then using the old CWM (version suited to 4.2.2, but not 4.3 or 4.4). Works now, on the first anniversary of going to Hellybean 4.2.2.

ALMOST: Trebuchet (launcher) crashes repeatedly. can't do much without a launcher...

Trebuchet now OK after a couple of reboots.

Samsung Apps store is gone and I haven't been able to install. I want to use it to update Navigation.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Amended: I didn't do the reboot into CWM recovery, so it was then using the old CWM (version suited to 4.2.2, but not 4.3 or 4.4). Works now, on the first anniversary of going to Hellybean 4.2.2.

ALMOST: Trebuchet (launcher) crashes repeatedly. can't do much without a launcher...

Samsung Apps store is gone and I haven't been able to install. I want to use it to update Navigation.
Also, I can't see CWM recovery now... ...wasn't expecting that.

Ah, yes, but... ...It doesn't exist on its own anymore. I can run CWM recovery from ROM Manager (CWM), although I had to re-install it.

Facebook was also missing (but now installed). Finding and installing Samsung Apps (for i9000, with 4.4.2) is proving a challenge. Samsung's idea of website design and usability is dodgy...

Tom.

joedom1
Old
(Last edited by joedom1; 4th March 2014 at 02:41 PM.) Reason: Add question
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedom1 View Post
I ...........snip

Incidentally I pushed the recommended dialler.apk and incomingcall.apk in the first post FAQ as a solution and I lost my phone app. The phone rang but there was no way to pick it up or see the call, but the sound calling was on.
I had to re flash everythig again. Im sure there is a better way but guess it doesnt work properly.
Unless I did soemthing wrong, e.g when I pushed the dialler.apk it said there was one already and instead of adding to it I replaced the original.
Anyone try the solution for the delay on the incoming call?
Without it in Slim Kat its about 1 or 2 seconds (in stable 3.0). I am now trying CyanAOSP (which incidentally is very fast, smooth and good battery life) but the incoming delay is slightly more.

HAs anyone tried a good KK Rom on i9000 with no incoming call delay?

tomasso32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Also, I can't see CWM recovery now... ...wasn't expecting that.

Ah, yes, but... ...It doesn't exist on its own anymore. I can run CWM recovery from ROM Manager (CWM), although I had to re-install it.

Facebook was also missing (but now installed). Finding and installing Samsung Apps (for i9000, with 4.4.2) is proving a challenge. Samsung's idea of website design and usability is dodgy...

Tom.
Went here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593004 and installed his Samsung Apps (no touchwiz). However, Samsung Apps then wanted an update (which would not install) or if I postponed the update, Samsung Apps closed.

Tom.

Addicted2Bass
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello Guys,

I have an Galaxy S Plus with a Unofficial Build of CM 11 (4.4.2)
Since a few weeks i can't update my apps anymore, im getting 'error' that i have not enough space to update them, but installing apps fresh from the Play Store works, do one of you know if this is a bug or is it my phone?

Grtz!

KIYOSH
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedom1 View Post
Anyone try the solution for the delay on the incoming call?
Without it in Slim Kat its about 1 or 2 seconds (in stable 3.0). I am now trying CyanAOSP (which incidentally is very fast, smooth and good battery life) but the incoming delay is slightly more.

HAs anyone tried a good KK Rom on i9000 with no incoming call delay?
Try Mackay Rom
its fast, smooth & very good battery life.
Incoming call delay about 1 to 2 sec
KIYOSH
Using Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Currently on CM11 Rom

SMASH THANKS BUTTON IF IT HELP YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to KIYOSH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MaRc0z
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nice!

I'm happy to see KitKat!

pinware
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRc0z View Post
Nice!

I'm happy to see KitKat!
As there is no consensun of which one is better, I'll wait a little more to bring the chocolate bar on my old galaxy s

tomasso32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Went here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593004 and installed his Samsung Apps (no touchwiz). However, Samsung Apps then wanted an update (which would not install) or if I postponed the update, Samsung Apps closed.

Tom.
Found out that if I let the installation fail, the previous Samsung Apps can be run. I could sign in to Samsung Apps and was able to update Navigon/Garmin.

T.

bsis
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Bass View Post
Hello Guys,

I have an Galaxy S Plus with a Unofficial Build of CM 11 (4.4.2)
Since a few weeks i can't update my apps anymore, im getting 'error' that i have not enough space to update them, but installing apps fresh from the Play Store works, do one of you know if this is a bug or is it my phone?

Grtz!
Hello... buddy, the problem might be the signing or may due to flashing ----always try to flash respected gapps right after flashing rom, this will work well iin many cases, sign out and again sign in... this will work or flash gapps ok
hope this helped you
HIT THANKS IF HELPED...

tonibm19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default A question.

In CM11 for samsung galaxy s plus, how to update from R2 to R3? Will I need to lose all my apps?
Is there any battery life improvement in R3? Battery drain is horrible for me in R2.

Tags
4.4 kit kat rom, cm 11, kit kat for i9000