Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

sandisk 64gb micro sd under $25 shipped! Limited quantity!?

OP Decepticaons

22nd February 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 12

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

It's no 64GB card. A card with genuinely that capacity can't be bought anywhere for that price. ALL those cards are fake. All of them, 100%.

But, if you're happy with it, great. No biggie.

The way to test that is to try to put a full 60 gb of files onto the card.
I too bet they won't fit.
2nd March 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #22  
Flag Seattle, wa
Thanks Meter: 44

194 posts
Donate to Me
More
I ordered a 32 gig card for 16 bucks off eBay. Not a huge savings but I didn't have to put on pants so I was OK with it.

I got it 3 days later and after putting it in my phone and loading it up with stuff I realized the file names were crazy and nothing worked. No idea there was a scam out there about cards but come to find out my card held only a whopping 2 gigs. A little research lead me to all the scam articles, and I went back to the seller calling him a scam artist and a cheat. He sent me a new card and told me to keep the other one...

Be wary when buying stuff like this from eBay...
3rd March 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #23  
Flag Florianópolis
Thanks Meter: 57

287 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillzillaAus

The way to test that is to try to put a full 60 gb of files onto the card.
I too bet they won't fit.

That's not the best way, there are specifics apps for that. Just full filling the card won't guarantee that's its real.

Enviado de meu GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk
3rd March 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #24  

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazbot

That's not the best way, there are specifics apps for that. Just full filling the card won't guarantee that's its real.

How is it possible to fill a 64 gb card with 64 gb of files if it's smaller than that?
(Allowing for the usual 7% difference between a real gb and the sales gb)
3rd March 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,127

1,884 posts
Donate to Me
Just got mine and when i use a barcode scanner on it , It shows only 4gb or something .The seller told me that maybe the item is damage and he sent me a new one ... but i told him , no need and stop wasting my time. and then sent the item back next day and had to file a case and got a full refund since ebay have this Buyer Protection.
3rd March 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #26  
Flag Florianópolis

287 posts
Quote:

How is it possible to fill a 64 gb card with 64 gb of files if it's smaller than that?
(Allowing for the usual 7% difference between a real gb and the sales gb)

Because the controller has been programmed to falsely report it's capacity as say 64GB to Windows, you can still fill over the real capacity but when you use one of those apps, it will report a mass data lost/corrupt and will provide the real capacity and allow to fix the size.

3rd March 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #27  

136 posts
Quote:

Because the controller has been programmed to falsely report it's capacity as say 64GB to Windows, you can still fill over the real capacity

I find that hard to believe.
3rd March 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #28  
Flag Florianópolis

287 posts
Quote:

I find that hard to believe.

That's why RMPrepUSB, FakeFlashTest or H2TESTW write all over the SD and try to read data after. There are 2 kinds of fake SD: one that just ignore all data over the real size and another that will overwrite the memory. That's the worse case, because if are using this to save photos you will think it's fine, because you can see the last photos and some of the first ones. And that's why some sellers attach a scan from those apps on eBay's seller's page.

The Following User Says Thank You to mazbot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 35

182 posts
Just wanted to point out I bought one of these from a similar auction and it always corrupts files once it's bout five gigabytes full.
5th March 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #30  

136 posts
Quote:

That's why RMPrepUSB, FakeFlashTest or H2TESTW write all over the SD and try to read data after. There are 2 kinds of fake SD: one that just ignore all data over the real size and another that will overwrite the memory. That's the worse case, because if are using this to save photos you will think it's fine, because you can see the last photos and some of the first ones. And that's why some sellers attach a scan from those apps on eBay's seller's page.

Interesting, thanks for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to BillzillaAus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread