Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Noob questions and guidance

Tip us?

shook187
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 822
Default Noob questions and guidance

Sorry if I offend anyone who's against opening new thread, but I need some guidance since I'm a complete Sony noob.

I have a C6833 and I'm interested in converting it to a Google Play Edition without losing LTE connectivity or Micro SD. If this is at all possible please guide me to the right direction by providing me some links.

I'm on stock .290 ROM with a locked bootloader.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1076

DONATE TO ME
you will never 'convert' it to a GPe, but you can run the GPe ROM, and it works well - you wont have OTA updates though. You will need to follow the guide in the General section on getting the ZU ready to flash custom ROMs
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

gcg000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608708 use this thread to get the GPE rom pick the tweaked version so you can write on your SD ! but before you should start by rooting your device and backing up the TA partition before unlocking your bootloader to be able to restore the DRM keys in future , this thread will guide you through the process http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2569904
The Following User Says Thank You to gcg000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]