* the directory is "/system/usr/idc/touch_dev.idc"
* increase the value of "touch.pressure.scale" to decrease the screen sensitivity
* make sure you have write privileges (in root explorer, don't forget to hit the R/W button before opening the .idc file in a text editor)
* don't forget to save the file
* after saving the file, reopen it to make sure the change took place, if it didn't make sure you have write privileges and actually saved it
* don't forget to reboot for the changes to apply (I'm not sure if its necessary, but am willing to bet that it is)
* this should work with other versions of the nexus 7 flo, not just the 32gb
* I am not liable for any damages caused to your device (you should know this by now)
*I have only tested this on one device, as it is the only one I have access to with this problem
* If this fix works for you, please let me know below, feedback is appreciated
* I didn't return the device, simply because I lost the receipt, and don't know if the warranty is still in place
This does not work, after more testing issues returned. But I will continue to try different values to see if this can fix the problem.
For a long time now my Nexus 7 2013 (flo) 32gb has had this annoying touchscreen glitch where it will get false readings causing it to push buttons I didn't want to press, zoom when I wanted to scroll, and generally make it unusable unless I rebooted (which on some occasions didn't fix the problem). After doing some research, I found that it seems to be a common enough problem, but there was only one thread that claims to have fixed it. Now, to be honest I didn't try his method, as frankly it looked long, complicated, and I never found the time. Yesterday the thought occurred to me that the screen may actually be picking up real interference, and that it may just simply be to sensitive, so I set about to decrease the sensitivity on the device. To decrease the sensitivity ( THIS REQUIRES ROOT) I used root explorer (you may use any file explorer that can access root files) and went to the folder "/system/usr/idc" and opened the file "touch_dev.idc" in a text editor. In this file I found the line "touch.pressure.scale = 0.0125" and changed the value from 0.0125 to 2.5. I then saved the file and rebooted. Since doing this I have not had the touchscreen glitch, and I have been using the device for a little over 24 hours now. I used to get the glitch about 3 times a day. I will continue to test this config, to see if it actually does fix the problem, but due to the nature of the problem, the only way to know if this fix works, is to use it over a long period of time. I will remove this post if the issue ever returns and I am not able to fix it using a similar method.
Last edited by RandomRanger; 6th March 2014 at 12:15 AM.