Electrify M (XT901) possible radio capabilities

Search This thread

adbshellsu

Oct 26, 2013
Memphis
Hey whats up xda. As some of you know the Electrify M as the sister phone to the Razr M. Ive used this phone for the past couple of months on PagePlus and just figured I'd start messing around with it to possibly be able to use it on tmobile/att. In the last 2 days Ive made some progress using a tmobile sim card. It picked up signal but wasn't successful with calls, text or data. I didnt have enough time to fully test it since its my brothers sim but at the moment have a simple mobile sim for testing which for a briefly picked up signal when attempting to register on the network and display (network with limited service found) and not finish afterwards saying something similar to (service not available please try again later). Well now when I try to search for the network on simple mobile card attempts are unsuccessful and displaying (network unavailable). It only displays the phone number and voicemail icon at the moment. I'm currently trying to detect network on simple mobile again and go from there. T-mobile sim belongs to my brother so I'll prob go pickup a prepaid sim soon to test. It still displays signal on lte13/lte14 when tmobile sim inserted but still no signal the active simple mobile micro-sim which I read people have had trouble registering on the network sometimes. If I get anywhere Ill post it in development until then I have to get my post count up to do so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-06-36.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-06-36.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 490
  • Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-07-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-07-14.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 482
  • Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-08-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-05-09-08-17.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 506
  • Screenshot_2014-02-05-11-21-25.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-05-11-21-25.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
What did you do to get it to pick up a signal at all?
I've done the 8322 NV edit and tried both GSM/WCDMA and Global modes by going into *#*#4636#*#*. Phone is stuck on "Searching for Service". Even tried a few build.prop edits and using build.prop from my RAZR M. No luck there either. I've tried flashing XT907 modem, also erased modemst1 and modemst2. I also tried with and without flashing XT907's fsg. I don't know what fsg is, but the FXZ always flashes modem, fsg, then erases modemst1 and modemst2. No luck there either. Can't even turn on the radio with the modem FW from XT907.
The fact you managed to get it to show a signal bar at all is further than I got.

little7dragon

Jun 18, 2009
Hey whats up xda. As some of you know the Electrify M as the sister phone to the Razr M. Ive used this phone for the past couple of months on PagePlus and just figured I'd start messing around with it to possibly be able to use it on tmobile/att. In the last 2 days Ive made some progress using a tmobile sim card. It picked up signal but wasn't successful with calls, text or data. I didnt have enough time to fully test it since its my brothers sim but at the moment have a simple mobile sim for testing which for a briefly picked up signal when attempting to register on the network and display (network with limited service found) and not finish afterwards saying something similar to (service not available please try again later). Well now when I try to search for the network on simple mobile card attempts are unsuccessful and displaying (network unavailable). It only displays the phone number and voicemail icon at the moment. I'm currently trying to detect network on simple mobile again and go from there. T-mobile sim belongs to my brother so I'll prob go pickup a prepaid sim soon to test. It still displays signal on lte13/lte14 when tmobile sim inserted but still no signal the active simple mobile micro-sim which I read people have had trouble registering on the network sometimes. If I get anywhere Ill post it in development until then I have to get my post count up to do so.

Macau ChinaTelecom Mcc Mnc 45502 also have this issue, can't use 3G and 1X .

mtchby

Mar 5, 2014
flash aussie radio

flash aussie radio then it will be gsm and u can connect, i dont have link but someone should link it

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
ok so i downloaded that now do i just go into fastboot and flash it or? and if so what is the command, cheers

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin

I also did:
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

Because that's what the fxz does.

Didn't work for me though. No signal, can't do *#*#4636#*#*, can't get into Status in About Phone, can't get into Mobile networks in Wireless & networks, Baseband version says UNKNOWN. Maybe I got a bad download? It did seem unusually fast. My MD5 sum is C3F9B3BAD2D5454C4E6D6F7803136567.

UPDATE: Downloaded official Aussie FXZ and flashed modem_signed. Same thing. Either there's more to it, or guy that suggested it is trolling.

Last edited: