XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone have luck with game mode miracast

Tip us?

Failrunner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Anyone have luck with game mode miracast

I can get it to connect and play for maybe 2 minutes until it starts freaking out and I have to disconnect it. The latency is great up until then. That feature is a very important one to me but it won't work. I know it's in beta but i'm not sure if that's what needs to be worked on or if they just want to reduce the latency more and improve the image quality. I have other miracast devices and they act the same way with the exception of 2 of them. The nexus 7 doesn't work right, i have a galaxy s4 clone and my main phone that work badly.

metzroth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I used it one night while playing ShineRunner with my wife. I had her screen miracast on the TV so I could help her out. It worked great for about 10 minutes then started acting up and I had to kill it.

acem77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I wanted to know the same thing and am shocked nobody has really tested a few devises for least lag and shuttering.
I bought the Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro and updated its FW.

I'd say the lag is minimal and is not my main issue now.
Random shuttering can be a pain. It can vary from a only few times to a lot. At this point it seems to be trigger by some games more than others.
Afterburner with a touch profile shuttered a lot (35% of the time) not sure if it a resource issue with the touch profile or general interference in my room.
I played dead trigger 2 with native controls shuttered a lot less(10-15% of the time)
I had the device less than 5 ft during my tests.

This site has done some basic latency tests a handful of these miracast devices. It seems the Netgear Push2TV (PTV3000) had the least lag when used in a pc environment.
http://data.withinwindows.com/miraca...compatibility/

I think I will go buy the Netgear Push2TV tonight on my way home from work and test it.

Note
Having a game mode on the tv helps a lot with lag. If you stack the lag with the non-game mode picture processing of the tv and the miracast protocol it becomes very noticeable.

rylen
Old
(Last edited by rylen; 5th March 2014 at 02:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
It's a good thing I searched the web first before buying a Miracast dongle. Sounds like it's not yet stable for gaming.