XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in Samsung boot logo

Tip us?

stephenta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Stuck in Samsung boot logo

I am on Cm11 and latest TWRP recovery. Everytime i power off or restart the phone gets stuck at the samsung boot logo even after a factory reset. I have fixed permissions but this still occurs after I restart the phone. Any ideas why?

JewRican
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenta View Post
I am on Cm11 and latest TWRP recovery. Everytime i power off or restart the phone gets stuck at the samsung boot logo even after a factory reset. I have fixed permissions but this still occurs after I restart the phone. Any ideas why?
how did you get past this? i have the same issue

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenta View Post
I'm not saying this is the only fix but I had to switch to Philz recovery a couple months ago because of this issue. Worked like a charm though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JewRican
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
I'm not saying this is the only fix but I had to switch to Philz recovery a couple months ago because of this issue. Worked like a charm though

will it work with Gummy? Anyone know?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewRican View Post
will it work with Gummy? Anyone know?
I had gummy working just fine on my sprint s4 with Philz. You can always switch back if you had to. And your twrp backups will work fine with Philz as well

JewRican
Old
Thanks Meter 18
unfortuantely i was unable to get this to work and had to flash the stock rom through odin. unfortunately it did not fix my real issue which looks like a bad earpiece.

I am so crushed. i am having to get a replacement phone which means it will have a locked bootloader...