Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stuck in Samsung boot logo

OP stephenta

10th January 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

73 posts
I am on Cm11 and latest TWRP recovery. Everytime i power off or restart the phone gets stuck at the samsung boot logo even after a factory reset. I have fixed permissions but this still occurs after I restart the phone. Any ideas why?
4th March 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenta

I am on Cm11 and latest TWRP recovery. Everytime i power off or restart the phone gets stuck at the samsung boot logo even after a factory reset. I have fixed permissions but this still occurs after I restart the phone. Any ideas why?

how did you get past this? i have the same issue
4th March 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenta

I'm not saying this is the only fix but I had to switch to Philz recovery a couple months ago because of this issue. Worked like a charm though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
4th March 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #4  

250 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

I'm not saying this is the only fix but I had to switch to Philz recovery a couple months ago because of this issue. Worked like a charm though

will it work with Gummy? Anyone know?
4th March 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewRican

will it work with Gummy? Anyone know?

I had gummy working just fine on my sprint s4 with Philz. You can always switch back if you had to. And your twrp backups will work fine with Philz as well

5th March 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #6  

250 posts
More
unfortuantely i was unable to get this to work and had to flash the stock rom through odin. unfortunately it did not fix my real issue which looks like a bad earpiece.

I am so crushed. i am having to get a replacement phone which means it will have a locked bootloader...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread