How do I root a galaxy s4 sprint with kitkat???

Search This thread

fever308

Jan 28, 2014
I just updated to kitkat and had to flash a 4.3 stock rom first because every time I tried to update it would boot back up in 4.3, now I have updated to 4.4.2. Now how do I root it? Last time I used cf-autoroot but that was 4.3 is it any different?

leaderbuilder

I just updated to kitkat and had to flash a 4.3 stock rom first because every time I tried to update it would boot back up in 4.3, now I have updated to 4.4.2. Now how do I root it? Last time I used cf-autoroot but that was 4.3 is it any different?
Well first you can do some searching. Then reading. And you'll find in the CF-Autoroot forum your answer(s) too.

leaderbuilder

I would be and I have been, but it seems that you could have had your answer within a couple minutes of just searching.
XDA is NOT a support site, though we do provide support to those that are willing to first try and help themselves.
It seems that in the past couple months the Q&A and other sections are filling up with redundant questions that are answered already in stickies, how-to's and the forums themselves. Often time the very same question (like yours) has been asked and answered a dozen or more times already.
Answer is yes to your question, just grab the lates from the threads site.

fever308

Jan 28, 2014
Or you could have saved yourself some time and Googled "Cf auto root sprint gs4".

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yes I understand, but if you actually see my question it was more asking if cf autoroot would still work with kitkat.... not where do I receive it.. I have searched these before and I have the files on my computer, so to the other guy I have tried searching myself first. But I didn't know if cf autoroot updated to kitkat or if it even has too. I'm a guy that came from IOS (I hated that) and we had to wait for jailbreaks.. when I searched how to root galaxy s4 4.4.2 tutorials, factory unlocked versions of the s4 showed up. Which obviously I do not have.. and if I added sprint none would show up...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts