No Action Drop Down Menu

OP Kingdombuilder

4th March 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Flint
Thanks Meter: 24

99 posts
More
I have a friend here at work that has a Kindle Fire and some how he lost his Action Drop Down Menu that allows him to get to settings and all that. He took it to Bestbuy where he bought it and they were not able to help him. So I suggested to him to root it and then put an Android OS on it. He was telling me with the root directions he found they require him having to access the settings area which he can not do with out the drop down action menu. I told him about XDA and how awesome this site was, so I decided to inquire on his behalf. Does anyone have any suggestions for him?
5th March 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Flint

99 posts
More
after plying with it myself i see there is more to this than just the action drop down missing. The whole top bar is not there. The time, wifi indicator, and notification bar is missing. There seems to be the background image of the shelf and all that is not there as well. it is as if there are files missing at first glance at this. Not sure how this can happen but... He says that his daughter uses it for facebook and other social apps, but there is something majorly missing on this one. Just to give an update...
5th March 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,001

4,875 posts
Donate to Me
More
If signed in a google account on kindle, go to google play store with PC/Mac and install a different launcher.
I it a Fire 1 or 2.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
5th March 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Flint

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

If signed in a google account on kindle, go to google play store with PC/Mac and install a different launcher.
I it a Fire 1 or 2.

it is currently in my possession for a few hours as I try and figure this out. He just told me that this is a Kindle Fire HD i thought it was just a Kindle Fire. Whenever you try and access anything you get a blank screen. it is on but nothing shows up. In order to get back to the home screen you have shut it down (soft reset) then then turn it back on. this is very weird. however i do have access to the file system when I plug it into my pc.

I try and go to anything the first thing that comes up is that there is no connection. I hit the button for wifi setting then it goes to a blank black screen. in order to get back to the home screen i have to soft reset it again.

I don't even think there is a way to factory reset with out being able to have that drop down menu to access the settings is there?
Last edited by Kingdombuilder; 5th March 2014 at 03:51 AM.
5th March 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,001

4,875 posts
Donate to Me
More
Should be a reboot to recovery option when it's booting up, in recovery you can factory reset

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread