Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How do I root a galaxy s4 sprint with kitkat???

OP fever308

5th March 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I just updated to kitkat and had to flash a 4.3 stock rom first because every time I tried to update it would boot back up in 4.3, now I have updated to 4.4.2. Now how do I root it? Last time I used cf-autoroot but that was 4.3 is it any different?
5th March 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #2  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,253

2,291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fever308

I just updated to kitkat and had to flash a 4.3 stock rom first because every time I tried to update it would boot back up in 4.3, now I have updated to 4.4.2. Now how do I root it? Last time I used cf-autoroot but that was 4.3 is it any different?

Well first you can do some searching. Then reading. And you'll find in the CF-Autoroot forum your answer(s) too.
5th March 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder

Well first you can do some searching. Then reading. And you'll find in the CF-Autoroot forum your answer(s) too.

Or you could be nice and help someone out by at least posting some links..
5th March 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #4  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,253

2,291 posts
More
I would be and I have been, but it seems that you could have had your answer within a couple minutes of just searching.
XDA is NOT a support site, though we do provide support to those that are willing to first try and help themselves.
It seems that in the past couple months the Q&A and other sections are filling up with redundant questions that are answered already in stickies, how-to's and the forums themselves. Often time the very same question (like yours) has been asked and answered a dozen or more times already.
Answer is yes to your question, just grab the lates from the threads site.
5th March 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,742

8,462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fever308

Or you could be nice and help someone out by at least posting some links..

Or you could have saved yourself some time and Googled "Cf auto root sprint gs4".

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
5th March 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Or you could have saved yourself some time and Googled "Cf auto root sprint gs4".

Yes I understand, but if you actually see my question it was more asking if cf autoroot would still work with kitkat.... not where do I receive it.. I have searched these before and I have the files on my computer, so to the other guy I have tried searching myself first. But I didn't know if cf autoroot updated to kitkat or if it even has too. I'm a guy that came from IOS (I hated that) and we had to wait for jailbreaks.. when I searched how to root galaxy s4 4.4.2 tutorials, factory unlocked versions of the s4 showed up. Which obviously I do not have.. and if I added sprint none would show up...
Last edited by fever308; 5th March 2014 at 04:14 AM.
5th March 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #7  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,742

8,462 posts
More
Well I'm glad you hated iOS. Lol

Here's my post from earlier that answers your question.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50823750

The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread