Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No USB Serial COM port in Win 7

Tip us?

atrapos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] No USB Serial COM port in Win 7

Hello world,

I've got two phones (HTC Desire 601 running Android 4.2.2, and a MOTO X running Android 4.4.2) that I'm trying to use with a data collection software which communicates with the phone via COM ports using the USB Serial connection (Win 7 x64). The trouble is that neither phone shows up under the Ports (COM & LPT) section in the device manager. Both phones populate to other locations in device manager (Portable Devices, Android Device) and I am able to use Windows explorer to access files on both phones.

I've got USB debugging turned on on both phones. I've installed the latest drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, and even tried some older Android USB drivers to no avail. I'm using HTC Sync Manager 2.4.36.0 (latest I believe), and an unnumbered Motorola Device Manager (at least none that I could find).

I've called HTC and Motorola but the support people weren't any help.

Any insights or help would be greatly appreciated.

It's also perfectly fine if the answer is no that doesn't work stop being silly.

Thanks to all!

Parker

tbiwalkar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Did u check another same model on the same ststem? or your model on any other ststem?

atrapos
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiwalkar View Post
Did u check another same model on the same ststem? or your model on any other ststem?
I have successfully used other phones (LG AS780 and Galaxy S3) on this computer, but not other of these phones. I also tried these phones (HTC and Moto) on a second laptop and had the same issue.

tbiwalkar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrapos View Post
I have successfully used other phones (LG AS780 and Galaxy S3) on this computer, but not other of these phones. I also tried these phones (HTC and Moto) on a second laptop and had the same issue.
Problem with usb connector with the motherboard then