5,604,292 Members 49,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][4.4.2]White Samsung Keyboard

Tip us?

phil.o
Old
Thanks Meter 2255
Is there anybody who could port this to work on the i9505?
Would be very much appreciated!!

Greetz

Samsung Galaxy S4 √ GT - i9505

Quote:
All of you probably know chainfire, right? I just wanted to quote something from him:

"However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance."
The Following User Says Thank You to phil.o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leond
Old
Thanks Meter 66
is it possible to modify keyboard layout? I'd like to change russian layout to phonetic

DaOldMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by leond View Post
is it possible to modify keyboard layout? I'd like to change russian layout to phonetic
Yes you can change the layouts after decompiling the keyboard. You have to know how to edit .xml files of course.

Good luck !

Thomas

leond
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldMan View Post
Yes you can change the layouts after decompiling the keyboard. You have to know how to edit .xml files of course.

Good luck !

Thomas
Thank you! if I understand correctly layouts are not part of this apk, but are downloaded separately from the keyboard settings menu, but i can't figure out where to

endis
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

This is a white Samsung keyboard for KitKat.
It is based on the 4.3 white keyboard that doesn't work on 4.4.2.
I have moded the new 4.4.2 keyboard by using the old 4.3 keyboard as template

Pre-requisites: n9005 updated to 4.4.2 rom with the stock Samsung keyboard (it's posible to try it on a themed keyboard but there are no guarantees). Root & Recovery. 30 spare seconds . Also please have another keyboard installed if this mod destroys the keyboard so you can easily recover.
The keyboard should work on all stock deodexed n9005 KitKat roms. It is also true about all custom deodexed KitKat roms that use the stock keyboard. It was tested by several users with the excellent X-Note 8 rom. It was NOT tested on odexed roms and it will probably not work so please beware.

How to: I have prepared a VRTheme script to take care of the mod. All you need to do is install it in the recovery. If something goes wrong there is a backup of the original keyboard on internal Sdcard in the vrtheme-backup directory.

I hope you will like the keyboard as much as I enjoyed preparing it for you.

Credits go to @daxgirl for her support
@soloilmeglio and @xentrix for their excellent x-note roms
VillainROM for their great theming script

😁 I like mine more...

Enviado desde mi SM-N900 mediante Tapatalk

DaOldMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by endis View Post
😁 I like mine more...

This is supposed to be a 1:1 port of a 4.3 white Samsung keyboard, not a modding contest. There are enough modded keyboards around, the best must be @daxgirl Ios like modded keyboard made for @firasusman assassin rom.

Thomas

endis
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
This is supposed to be a 1:1 port of a 4.3 white Samsung keyboard, not a modding contest. There are enough modded keyboards around, the best must be @daxgirl Ios like modded keyboard made for @firasusman assassin rom.

Thomas
quite aggressive, just saying it sucks and I keep the stock

DaOldMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by endis View Post
quite aggressive, just saying it sucks and I keep the stock

I don't understand why stating the facts is aggressive. I didn't say anything personal to you. Just stated the fact I didn't try to mod this keyboard so it looks just like Samsung designed it. Why don't you open a thread of your own and help people installing your modded keyboard ?
Saying things like "it sucks" isn't nice (and I am the aggressive one, right....), but you need to talk to Samsung about that.

Thomas

meneses.leonardo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up no fullscreen on landscape

hello. is there a way to disable the full screen field when writing in landscape mode? it's quite annoying

DaOldMan
Old
(Last edited by DaOldMan; 13th March 2014 at 09:30 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by meneses.leonardo View Post
hello. is there a way to disable the full screen field when writing in landscape mode? it's quite annoying

I will see what I can do.

Thomas

Tags
keyboard, samsung, white