Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 37,920 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

is magnetic cover for note 5100 is safe to use?

Tip us?

rabichowdhary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Battery Low is magnetic cover for note 5100 is safe to use?

Is safe to use magnetic book cover for note 5100 .......is their will be battery issue with long term use?
I have attache book cover pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14022014014-1.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	2578536   Click image for larger version

Name:	14022014019.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	2578537   Click image for larger version

Name:	14022014016.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	2578538  

ddaypunk06
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabichowdhary View Post
Is safe to use magnetic book cover for note 5100 .......is their will be battery issue with long term use?
To be quite honest, I just bought my note 8 used on ebay and got it literally yesterday. However, I have been reading a lot of reviews. I haven't heard of the battery being affected by them (apple uses similar covers with magnets), but I have heard of the magnets messing with the wacom tech the s-pen uses.

intelliriffer
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
I have been using similar cover(white) since june.
only thing I did was take out the magnets from behind so that they don't interfere with s-pen.
The magnets are just not powerful enough to cause issues with battery(Li-ion/poly) if that all is your primary concern.

In Case if you want to take the magnets out,
just take tablet out, then use a small coin and put it on the tablet and coin should pretty much stick to where the magnets are. once you have nailed the location (small disc magnets), just use a cutter blade to slice the back paper/fabric s bit and you should be able to take out those discs.
put the tablet back in and should be good to go.

Do note that the side flap will stop working once you take magnets out.

rabichowdhary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Wink thnks for rply

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelliriffer View Post
I have been using similar cover(white) since june.
only thing I did was take out the magnets from behind so that they don't interfere with s-pen.
The magnets are just not powerful enough to cause issues with battery(Li-ion/poly) if that all is your primary concern.

In Case if you want to take the magnets out,
just take tablet out, then use a small coin and put it on the tablet and coin should pretty much stick to where the magnets are. once you have nailed the location (small disc magnets), just use a cutter blade to slice the back paper/fabric s bit and you should be able to take out those discs.
put the tablet back in and should be good to go.

Do note that the side flap will stop working once you take magnets out.
thanks for the helpfull reply buddy

rabichowdhary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Red face new look of flip case

Quote:
thanks for the helpfull reply buddy
Here what I have done with flip case
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-14-23-33-001.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	2579353  

Nackler
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I had my Note 8 in a magnetic case for six months with no problems of any kind. I checked it periodically to be safe, and even with a broken screen, the S-pen still works perfectly.

TC93
Old
(Last edited by TC93; 5th March 2014 at 12:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I think it depends on the case design and maybe how strong the magnet is. I tried a case I bought on Amazon that had the flap or buckle type design and it immediately caused problems writing on the screen. I scribbled the pen back and forth.

I'll try to attach a photo of it where you can clearly see the magnet distortion it left on the screen where the pen could not write. It went away after I removed the case.

I scribbled on the left side also because a magnet was there also that turned the tablet on and off, but that magnet caused no problem.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

rabichowdhary
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up thnks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC93 View Post
I think it depends on the case design and maybe how strong the magnet is. I tried a case I bought on Amazon that had the flap or buckle type design and it immediately caused problems writing on the screen. I scribbled the pen back and forth.

I'll try to attach a photo of it where you can clearly see the magnet distortion it left on the screen where the pen could not write. It went away after I removed the case.

I scribbled on the left side also because a magnet was there also that turned the tablet on and off, but that magnet caused no problem.

thanks for sharing -.-. - -. by the way what note taking App you are using ?

TC93
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
thanks for sharing -.-. - -. by the way what note taking App you are using ?
That app in the screenshot is the free app called Write, that was mentioned by some others in another thread. I like it. There are a couple others I like also, such as Papyrus or Lecture Notes, but I don't know a whole lot about them.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2414706