5,603,920 Members 42,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony ENDS Firmware Updates For Xperia S,SL,AcroS OFFICIALLY

Tip us?

nisu4717
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Plz..close the thread.
No mean to discuss this.sony is not going to leasten us...
So plz close

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to nisu4717 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LevsOG
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I find this pretty sad as Sony phones are my favourite 😔 I know that a lot of them on stock firmware have a lot of bugs, and are sometimes fixed but then lead to more which they are then forgotten about as Sony focus on new devices and what not, this frustrates me as the Xperia S on JB 4.1.2 stock still has a few bugs. I understand the phone is old but we pay money for the device and like most things you buy you are often provided support of some sort. I hope my next Sony phone isnt like this, if it is then I guess I will resort to a 90's phone lol.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S LT26i using xda app-developers app

wxl104
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevsOG View Post
I find this pretty sad as Sony phones are my favourite 😔 I know that a lot of them on stock firmware have a lot of bugs, and are sometimes fixed but then lead to more which they are then forgotten about as Sony focus on new devices and what not, this frustrates me as the Xperia S on JB 4.1.2 stock still has a few bugs. I understand the phone is old but we pay money for the device and like most things you buy you are often provided support of some sort. I hope my next Sony phone isnt like this, if it is then I guess I will resort to a 90's phone lol.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S LT26i using xda app-developers app
For sure Sony cellphone changed the name to be Sure ONe Year cellphone.Just check,till the lastest update,there are most of them just born one year.

thsecmaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I already know that my phone (Xperia S) is abandoned but it's not change my mind to keep use Sony Xperia Phone and From I keep following the news, Sony do better to keep their phone update. There are more patches than in the past.

entermetallica
Old
Thanks Meter 73
You guys shouldn't really blame Sony, it's qualcomm that drops upgrades to its chipsets. Sony Just goes with the flow I guess.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
XPERIA SL

YuriBasescu
Old
Thanks Meter 45

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

<(^^,)>
Old
(Last edited by <(^^,)>; 20th March 2014 at 03:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 67
C'mon guys, stop blaming Sony for this. Look at it this way: Galaxy Nexus inspite of being supported directly by Google saw only 2 versions of Android (ICS + JB ) while we saw 3 (GB + ICS + JB ). Plus Qualcomm never supported our chipset beyond 4.1 so Sony cannot do anything. AND the last firmware we got was stable and bug free.
So if you want latest Sony goodies, flash eXistenZ and if you want the latest Android, there are a lot of options for that too.
To put it in a nutshell, stop pretending as if Sony cheated us. We did get support for 18 months as promised. And use XDA to get the most out of your device.
Peace
We are monsters... we have neither dreams nor honour.

Redstarr1
Old
Thanks Meter 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by <(^^,)> View Post
C'mon guys, stop blaming Sony for this. Look at it this way: Galaxy Nexus inspite of being supported directly by Google saw only 2 versions of Android (ICS + JB ) while we saw 3 (GB + ICS + JB ). Plus Qualcomm never supported our chipset beyond 4.1 so Sony cannot do anything. AND the last firmware we got was stable and bug free.
So if you want latest Sony goodies, flash eXistenZ and if you want the latest Android, there are a lot of options for that too.
To put it in a nutshell, stop pretending as if Sony cheated us. We did get support for 18 months as promised. And use XDA to get the most out of your device.
Peace
Not to argue with you about the support Sony has given us, but I don't think the comparison with the Galaxy Nexus is a good one. You say that phone got 2 Android versions, but 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 aren't really the same are they . That makes 4, not 2, which is more than u, but we got a much more classy phone .
My current devices:
Sony Xperia S: Paranoid Android by deedwar
Google Nexus 7 (2013): Paranoid Android

<(^^,)>
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1 View Post
Not to argue with you about the support Sony has given us, but I don't think the comparison with the Galaxy Nexus is a good one. You say that phone got 2 Android versions, but 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 aren't really the same are they . That makes 4, not 2, which is more than u, but we got a much more classy phone .
Haha yea you are right too... I say that to myself to feel better
And yes, this phone is much classier. According to me, no device yet has a sexier back than our Nozomi
We are monsters... we have neither dreams nor honour.

b0ngma01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I hope Sony update Xperia S to 4.4 Kitkat

Tags
xperia s