OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Microphone issues

OP sageki

25th February 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #1  
So i bought a tmo t999 with stock 4.0.4 on it baseband t999uvlem.

I Downloaded ODIN 3.0.7 put cwm 6 on it and loaded up the s3rx 3.0 TW 4.3 bootloader, modem, and ROM.

Get it booted up and the mic doesn't work now. All i get on sound recorder is static and a kinda beep every 1/2 second or so and no voice. I did try cleaning the mic out very carefully but that did not work.

So I Odin'd Root66 and that did not work so I Odin'd the stock FW from root66 post. and that still did not fix the mic.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Rian
25th February 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #2  
I have the 4.3 modem and stock Rom on my phone.
Can I flash another modem and stock Rom even though I have the latest bootloader?
25th February 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 889

2,578 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageki

I have the 4.3 modem and stock Rom on my phone.
Can I flash another modem and stock Rom even though I have the latest bootloader?

Yes, but not with Odin.. Since you already returned to stock with Odin and keep getting the same issue, its likely hardware related

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

Yes, but not with Odin.. Since you already returned to stock with Odin and keep getting the same issue, its likely hardware related

Just to confirm, I have the 4.3 firmware from root66 post, and I can then go to recovery and flash any of the OTA updates, any Modem, or any other custom rom?

I just can not Odin any other firmware except for the 4.3 Stock and 4.3 root66 correct?

Thank you for your help
25th February 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 889

2,578 posts
More
1) Only 4.3 modems, any other won't work, ota updates maybe if they make them to be flashable with recovery

2) yupp

3rd March 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #6  
So my mic will work when I record a video through the camera, but it will not work while on a call, for voice dialer, voice search, or any other sound recorder except for the Camera.

Is there some firmware/OS registry type setting that is messing with routing the mic to the other softwares?
5th March 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #7  
So no ideas on why the mic works for the camera but not for anything else?
Does the camera use the top mic and the bottom mic? And I'm just picking up the audio from the top mic possibly?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
broken, mic
Previous Thread Next Thread