Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,966 Members 41,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Microphone issues

Tip us?

sageki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Microphone issues

So i bought a tmo t999 with stock 4.0.4 on it baseband t999uvlem.

I Downloaded ODIN 3.0.7 put cwm 6 on it and loaded up the s3rx 3.0 TW 4.3 bootloader, modem, and ROM.

Get it booted up and the mic doesn't work now. All i get on sound recorder is static and a kinda beep every 1/2 second or so and no voice. I did try cleaning the mic out very carefully but that did not work.

So I Odin'd Root66 and that did not work so I Odin'd the stock FW from root66 post. and that still did not fix the mic.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Rian

sageki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have the 4.3 modem and stock Rom on my phone.
Can I flash another modem and stock Rom even though I have the latest bootloader?

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageki View Post
I have the 4.3 modem and stock Rom on my phone.
Can I flash another modem and stock Rom even though I have the latest bootloader?
Yes, but not with Odin.. Since you already returned to stock with Odin and keep getting the same issue, its likely hardware related

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

sageki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Yes, but not with Odin.. Since you already returned to stock with Odin and keep getting the same issue, its likely hardware related

Just to confirm, I have the 4.3 firmware from root66 post, and I can then go to recovery and flash any of the OTA updates, any Modem, or any other custom rom?

I just can not Odin any other firmware except for the 4.3 Stock and 4.3 root66 correct?

Thank you for your help

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 626
1) Only 4.3 modems, any other won't work, ota updates maybe if they make them to be flashable with recovery

2) yupp

sageki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So my mic will work when I record a video through the camera, but it will not work while on a call, for voice dialer, voice search, or any other sound recorder except for the Camera.

Is there some firmware/OS registry type setting that is messing with routing the mic to the other softwares?

sageki
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So no ideas on why the mic works for the camera but not for anything else?
Does the camera use the top mic and the bottom mic? And I'm just picking up the audio from the top mic possibly?

Tags
broken, mic