5,605,438 Members 43,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][4.4.2] AOSNP v1.3 - Android Open Source Note Project - [ABANDONED]

Tip us?

magnamentis
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Default additional info to narrow things down better :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedsaint View Post
Hi Dev,

Proximity works once after reboot...and then it just doesn't work. Also the time duration in call shows still at 0:00...it doesn't increases with the ongoing phone call.

As for camera, it stopped working after i wanted to take a video. Then after many reboots I was still unable to use the camera with any app (default and camera 360). What I did is to disable the default camera>reboot. Now camera360 works fine. Installed another app for video.

Without these two problem the ROM is really good. Battery life is still under observation. Not up to the mark but hoping with time it will be better.

Amazing work Dev. Hope you will provide updates.

Thanks!
hi wickedsaint
hi bert.C

to help narrow things further down this is my input, it is not meant to contradict anything
just to give additional input from different users to relativate and/or help look a bit further

first i checked on the proximity issue and indeed on second call it did not work BUT !!
on third fourth and every further attempt it did, so what ever that means is that indeed
there must be an issue with the proximity sensor, why else wouldn't it have worked on
second test call, but it's obviously intermittent since it did on every other attempt except the second one.
further as i understood it took wickedsaint a reboot which was not the case on my end but these experiences
show that there is something going on under the hood which is not perfectly as it should be.

as to the video, no problems on my end made a few test videos and all were perfect as always,
so that would hint into incompatibilities and/or other small differences in device setup.

my configuration you find in the sig, i'm using gravity box KK 2.9.7, app settings 1.7.1, AppOps 1.13, android tuner 1.0RC3
just to add more specifics to the sig, further holo launcher and about 150 other apps, which means that it would have to be
something very specific that causes the problem on wickedsaint's device.

thanks for the good work however, nothing else to flash indeed, just keeping omni up to date once a week not to loose track

Current Devices:
N7000, 4.1.2 TouchWizz Stock
I9100, PAC-ROM 4.3.1 ( Formerly Omni, PA, Dorimanx, etc. )
N7100, Vanilla 4.4.2, Devil Kernel, Xposed Framework ( Formerly PAC, Omni, PA, Thor, etc. )
Nexus 4, Cataclysm 4.4.2, Franco Kernel r203, Dalvik & Bionic Patched, Xposed Framework ( Formerly PAC, PA, Cataclysm, Faux, etc. )
Nexus 5, Vanilla 4.4.2, ElementalX Kernel v.27, Franco's FKU Color Control, Dalvik & Bionic, Xposed, ( Formerly Cataclysm, Franco, Faux, Bricked, etc. )

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
Please Click The Thanks Button If I Helped You Out

Bert.C
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamentis View Post
hi wickedsaint
hi bert.C

to help narrow things further down this is my input, it is not meant to contradict anything
just to give additional input from different users to relativate and/or help look a bit further

first i checked on the proximity issue and indeed on second call it did not work BUT !!
on third fourth and every further attempt it did, so what ever that means is that indeed
there must be an issue with the proximity sensor, why else wouldn't it have worked on
second test call, but it's obviously intermittent since it did on every other attempt except the second one.
further as i understood it took wickedsaint a reboot which was not the case on my end but these experiences
show that there is something going on under the hood which is not perfectly as it should be.

as to the video, no problems on my end made a few test videos and all were perfect as always,
so that would hint into incompatibilities and/or other small differences in device setup.

my configuration you find in the sig, i'm using gravity box KK 2.9.7, app settings 1.7.1, AppOps 1.13, android tuner 1.0RC3
just to add more specifics to the sig, further holo launcher and about 150 other apps, which means that it would have to be
something very specific that causes the problem on wickedsaint's device.

thanks for the good work however, nothing else to flash indeed, just keeping omni up to date once a week not to loose track

Current Devices:
N7100, Vanilla 4.4.2, Devil Kernel, Xposed Framework ( Formerly PAC, Omni, PA, Thor, etc. )
Nexus 4, Cataclysm 4.4.2, Franco Kernel r203, Dalvik & Bionic Patched, Xposed Framework ( Formerly PAC, PA, Cataclysm, Faux, etc. )
Nexus 5, Vanilla 4.4.2, ElementalX Kernel v.27, Franco's FKU Color Control, Dalvik & Bionic, Xposed, ( Formerly Cataclysm, Franco, Faux, Bricked, etc. )

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
Totally agree guys, I experienced the proximity issues just today myself but unfortunately guys my build pc hdd has died and I didnt yet upload my sources to github so I have lost everything.

If/when I get my build pc back up and running Ill look at starting a brand new build, until then this ROM is no more :'(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Bert.C
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Sorry for DP.

Small update though: should be redownloading all the repos this week so I can start again on AOSNP

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bert.C For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

magnamentis
Old
(Last edited by magnamentis; 5th March 2014 at 12:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 557
Default good news :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert.C View Post
Sorry for DP.

Small update though: should be redownloading all the repos this week so I can start again on AOSNP

hi,

thanks for the heads up.

was using your rom till today and only found one intermittent bug which is the proximity sensor issue,
but happens rarely.

further i did not get battery life in line like it was and like with other devices with 99% identical configs.
nevertheless it's not totally certain that this is rom related, will test with a custom kernel when you'll
be back online so to find out whether it's kernel or device related.

i hope for at least a 5.25" nexus 6 which would make purchasing samsung devices obsolete, right now
i need the larger display for several purposes but the n7000 with its 5.3" display is sufficient
as far as the display is concerned, that's why i say 5.25" at least, this because i know it would do

good luck with rom-recovery and till these days i suppose

by the way, devils kernel did not boot reliably so perhaps you can let me know
one of these coming days what could be the reason, if you read devils OP you might
get an idea thanks !

best regards

Current Devices:
N7100, Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.2, AGNI Kernel, Xposed Framework ( Formerly AOSNP, PAC, Omni, PA, Devil, Thor, etc. )
Nexus 5, Stock Vanilla 4.4.2, ElementalX Kernel v.30, Franco's FKU Color Control, Dalvik & Bionic, Xposed, ( Formerly Cataclysm, Franco, Faux, Bricked, etc. )

Bert.C
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
No problem mate.

And i will be delving deeper into the rom before the next release, I hopefully want to make my own kernel and I too had pretty poor battery life which I needed to look at but as I say with the new rom many things will hopefully be fixed

magnamentis
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Default kernel info

Quote:
No problem mate.

And i will be delving deeper into the rom before the next release, I hopefully want to make my own kernel and I too had pretty poor battery life which I needed to look at but as I say with the new rom many things will hopefully be fixed

perhaps it helps you to find a good entry point for kernel development
when i let you know that after months of trying roms and kernels i finally got
the 3% battery use over 8 hours idle over night.

further the charging speed is significantly faster, very important when
using a phaplet for navigation and music in cars and on motorbikes with
screen always on. ( discharging on charger )

only the nexus 5 sometimes can achieve 2% during that daily identical period of time
with 99% same configuration, only device specific differences, on elementalX kernel

i must say that 0.4% per hour is really good, all radios on, 4 accounts synced
dropsync and dfolio syncing every 6 hours 165 apps installed lightflow etc.
location reporting, history all on, so quite loaded and active in idle as well

further a few build.prop tweakes to improve radio and gpu etc. performance,
certainly not battery savers though

cell and wifi signal are first class, that helps of course, with poor radio signals
it's not possible to get such results.

only thing not active is google now which i simply don't need and don't like
specially well.

kernel : [KERNEL][AGNi] v2.7.1 N7100

so i thought perhaps you are looking for where to start with and if not, the info
provided could be interesting for others as well

good luck

Current Devices:
N7100, Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.2, AGNI Kernel, Xposed Framework ( Formerly AOSNP, PAC, Omni, PA, Devil, Thor, etc. )
Nexus 5, Stock Vanilla 4.4.2, ElementalX Kernel v.30, Franco's FKU Color Control, Dalvik & Bionic, Xposed, ( Formerly Cataclysm, Franco, Faux, Bricked, etc. )

sms2000
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Del

Bert.C
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Should have a new build uploaded for you guys next week. I'm running it this weekend and if I don't have any issues with it, I'll upload it on monday. So far everything that I've tried is working.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bert.C For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prowler
Old
Thanks Meter 394
Quote:
Should have a new build uploaded for you guys next week. I'm running it this weekend and if I don't have any issues with it, I'll upload it on monday. So far everything that I've tried is working.

I hope you remembered add my translations xD

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

Bert.C
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Quick question to anyone watching this thread: does anyone use this ROM?

If you do then I'll get a new build up as soon as I have some free time, if not then I'll just close the thread

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bert.C For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]