Hello P880 community.
This post has the purpose to put together a group of users / developers, who are willing to participate into bringing a different set of roms into our community.
These set of roms that I'm thinking, can range from complete Sense ports to more customized and maybe less popular roms (like ColorOS, LiGux, FlymeOS, FluidUI, etc..).
What's valid on this thread:
- CM / AOSP (any base we already have) themed (like Samsung TouchUI, Optimus, Blur, etc..). So you can grab any rom (with author authorization), theme it (i mean, not just shove an apk as default theme, I mean neat theming ).
- Ports from other devices (evert port needs to have clear authors permission to port it).
- All users are very welcome, everyone can participate, users with porting / developing skills are needed as well.
The idea is simple, we're not going to use this thread to post the work, this is just a thread to talk about possible projects.
We can start by listing which devices are hardware compatible and the port is "easily" possible.
Roms that can be used as a base for eventual future ports.
CM10.2 - thanks to laufersteppenwolf for compiling this build promptly for this purpose
- - - - -
I strongly recommend the use of MultiRom for testing ports and other roms. That way you can maintain your working rom and whenver feeling adventurous you can without going through the hassle of backup / restore / yada yada yada that we are all too familiar with.
- - List of Devices with hardware similar / close / identical to the 4X - -
- HTC One X
- HTC One X +
- More ??
- Possible roms to port:
Right now would be nice to see a OEM rom, such a touchwiz or Sense
Work in Progress
So, what do you guys think? ? Any users with good porting skills ? I know we have good developers! Ideas? Sugestions?
A few guides from XDA - They may not be all you need to get the job done, but a LOT of important information is written here. Don't forget to thanks their authors
Guides / Tutorials
- How to Port Roms by @saywhatt
- How to Port Manufacturer Rom. by @GalaxyUser
- How to port Stock/GB/CM7/CM9/ICS/CM10/JB Based ROMs by @Peteragent5
PS - Every work that is possible to port and if someone decides to invest time in it, it needs explicit authors permission.