Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] M7 only boot to recovery or fast boot. Bricked?

Tip us?

mucka1916
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] M7 only boot to recovery or fast boot. Bricked?

Hey guys,

When I boot my phone it'll only give me the HTC splash screen. I can manage to get my phone to boot into clockwork or the bootloader but nothing else.

My phone is S-ON with USB debugging disabled. Hboot is 1.56.

Is it a lost cause?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucka1916 View Post
Hey guys,

When I boot my phone it'll only give me the HTC splash screen. I can manage to get my phone to boot into clockwork or the bootloader but nothing else.

My phone is S-ON with USB debugging disabled. Hboot is 1.56.

Is it a lost cause?
USB debugging doesnt matter in custom recovery (CWM or TWRP), you can use one of these methods to get a ROM onto your phone, while in custom recovery:
1- OTG Cable
2- adb push <name of rom>.zip /sdcard/
3- adb sideload <name of rom>.zip

if you're going to flash a 4.4 ROM then you best use TWRP (the correct one for your phone model), and if you're going to flash a GPe ROM you need to be S-Off.

mucka1916
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
USB debugging doesnt matter in custom recovery (CWM or TWRP), you can use one of these methods to get a ROM onto your phone, while in custom recovery:
1- OTG Cable
2- adb push <name of rom>.zip /sdcard/
3- adb sideload <name of rom>.zip

if you're going to flash a 4.4 ROM then you best use TWRP (the correct one for your phone model), and if you're going to flash a GPe ROM you need to be S-Off.
Ok so I'm using TWRP and managed to get Maximus Rom installed but now the touch screen won't respond on lock screen.

Driver compatibility maybe? The ROM seemed to install fine and I ran fastboot flash boot boot.img.

Does it have to be a OTG cable? Standard USB seems to be working fine for the most part.

Thanks

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucka1916 View Post
Ok so I'm using TWRP and managed to get Maximus Rom installed but now the touch screen won't respond on lock screen.

Driver compatibility maybe? The ROM seemed to install fine and I ran fastboot flash boot boot.img.

Does it have to be a OTG cable? Standard USB seems to be working fine for the most part.

Thanks
1- post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n)

2- what version of TWRP are you using (don't say "latest" please)

3- which ROM (link please) and version number

4- did you really need to "fastboot flash boot boot.img." ? was it indicated in the thread?

chip545
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
1- post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n)

2- what version of TWRP are you using (don't say "latest" please)

3- which ROM (link please) and version number

4- did you really need to "fastboot flash boot boot.img." ? was it indicated in the thread?

Excuse me. Its little bit OT but can you help me with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2670857
? Thank you.