Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,231 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Keyboard Update / Change?

Tip us?

patchmonkey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
This solved the problem. Sorry - I've been out of pocket for a few days and just got back online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBySnuggles View Post
Are you rooted? Do you have xposed framework installed? If so, install wanam module. In system, there is an option to show or hide keyboard symbols. Give that a shot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DrPhant0m
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWilliams2 View Post
Still nothing for me. It sucks because I really like the keyboard. Oh well, back to Thumb Keyboard for now.

I've been looking for a keyboard replacement for Smart Keyboard Pro for a while... I've been using it since my OG Droid. I've tried all the main ones like Swype, SwiftKey, etc... and I've kept going back to SKP because of the autotext feature. ( typing "eml" will substitute my email address, for instance.)

When I upgraded to a Note 3 and changed my DPI to 360... I just HAD to get something new. Thank you so much (official xda thanks applied) for this screenshot. I went straight to https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.keyboardplus and downloaded it (on sale for now) based simply on this screenshot that you sent. To my delight... Thumb Keyboard has a text substitution feature!!!

May I ask you which keyboard layout you're using that you have a dedicated number row? I'm not seeing one with that option.

Thanks again!

~Ryan

MrWilliams2
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhant0m View Post
I've been looking for a keyboard replacement for Smart Keyboard Pro for a while... I've been using it since my OG Droid. I've tried all the main ones like Swype, SwiftKey, etc... and I've kept going back to SKP because of the autotext feature. ( typing "eml" will substitute my email address, for instance.)

When I upgraded to a Note 3 and changed my DPI to 360... I just HAD to get something new. Thank you so much (official xda thanks applied) for this screenshot. I went straight to https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.keyboardplus and downloaded it (on sale for now) based simply on this screenshot that you sent. To my delight... Thumb Keyboard has a text substitution feature!!!

May I ask you which keyboard layout you're using that you have a dedicated number row? I'm not seeing one with that option.

Thanks again!

~Ryan

That's a custom set you can add to any layout. Hold down the settings key on the keyboard and enable the custom row (its a line with an up arrow ^ above it). Then, you can link whatever you want to the custom row.
----------------
Droid Eris --> Droid Pro --> Droid X2 --> HTC Rezound --> Galaxy Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to MrWilliams2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DrPhant0m
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWilliams2 View Post
That's a custom set you can add to any layout. Hold down the settings key on the keyboard and enable the custom row (its a line with an up arrow ^ above it). Then, you can link whatever you want to the custom row.
I've needed a new keyboard app for a while... and it just got worse when I got the Note 3, and it has been unbearable for the last day since I changed the DPI.

Dedicated number row, and the text substitution option... Swiftkey can suck it. This is awesome. Thank you so much.

Here's what I'm going with...