Soft-Bricked SPH-L720

Search This thread

backdown

Jul 7, 2010
I was running CyanFox this weekend, and decided I wanted a newer rom. I installed a stock mk2 rooted rom, and it was encrypted. A forum post suggested that I wipe the device, so from my recovery I formatted the internal drive. I then loaded Odin, loaded a stock mk2 rom, and flashed it. The device started up, but only goes to a black screen. When I try to root it through Odin, it won't root.

Now whenever I flash a firmware through Odin, it fails. What's going on with my device? Is there anyway to save it?

When I turn it on now, or boot to recovery, it tells me a firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

chris-allen

Jun 22, 2012
I would find odin 1.85 and a copy of Philz recovery. .tar.....flash this via odon..using PDA option....this will at least bring u back into recovery so u can flash anything you may have on your sd card... if you dont bave anything. Just use a pc and grad a rom... then drag it over to the sdcard.. then flash away.... this should work ... i almkst sure its a go... :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app