5,604,686 Members 37,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-MOBILE Samsung Galaxy Note 3 BAD IMEI

Tip us?

Maduro78
Old
Thanks Meter 6
If the phone is in mint condition you can still fetch a good amount on eBay as a bad imei phone. I was actually surprised how much they sell for which led me to believe there's a lot of people that buy them do what they do and sell them as clean

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

You can actually sell the phone as clean if your willing to ship it overseas. Blocked phones over here can work over there no problem. That's your best best for recouping

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

mrej201
Old
Thanks Meter 66
nothing you can do but to root and unlock it and use with prepaid carriers or sell it again lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-allen View Post
Amazing how a a handfull of Devs on here can accomplish more in a weekend then a multiBillion Dollar company can in 6 months.

Techngro
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleyward View Post
i recently bought a note 3 from tmobile and it turned out to be bad imei can you help me
What do you want to do? Do you want to keep the phone and unlock it and use it on another network? If so, then go to this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471742) and follow the directions.

(Wooohoooo! 500th post!!!!! Go Me!!!!)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
ROM: Stock - Rooted and Xposed
Recovery: TWRP 2.x

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.2.x

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq
2011: HTC G2
2012: Galaxy S II
2012: Galaxy Note
2013: Galaxy Note 3

hdwireless
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default note 3 imei

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk626 View Post
Like someone said, theres no legal way to unblock that phone but PM me for my solution to when I had the same problem as you. Yours actually should be easier to fix lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

how much you want to charge me to fix 2

gman411
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default No law against changing imei

IF ANYMORE TELL YOU IT IS ILLEGAL ASK THEM TO SHOW YOU THE FEDERAL STATUTE. THERE ISNT ONE. You can search for developers outside here because XDA is now under the control of the major carriers.

gman411
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Audio Interested email me the info

I am interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog512 View Post
I have a motherboard/ Imei from Att S4 factory carrier unlocked. Phone LCD and Camera were Smashed by an angry Woman. Imei is 100% clean. Thinking of posting on EBAY. You could always go that route and replace yours. They are always for sale on there. Had it on T- Mobile 70$ unlimited plan.

DevilDog512
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman411 View Post
I am interested
Check PM

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

WellTrainedVC
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Your Note 3 is covered under Samsung's Warranty. Just sayin'.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dreamgun
Old
(Last edited by Dreamgun; 13th March 2014 at 10:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Just saying if I bought a phone off Craigslist "which i'd never do" and it got blocked, I would take the first opportunity I had to unblock it.

Yeah I know I'd be such a bastard for being a victim and having my money stolen from me, then changing a number and making everything fine.

The one paying for these types of things should be the carriers not random people looking to get a phone and use their service. Find a new way to deal with it. Carries would most likely even benefit from accepting more customers.

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman411 View Post
IF ANYMORE TELL YOU IT IS ILLEGAL ASK THEM TO SHOW YOU THE FEDERAL STATUTE. THERE ISNT ONE. You can search for developers outside here because XDA is now under the control of the major carriers.
...show me where it says XDA is under control of the major carriers, then I'll believe that there's no federal statute on changing IMEIs. So you're telling me, if you kicked someone out your house (network) because they were being an idiot (non payment) that you SHOULD let them back in because they changed their shirt (imei)? You're nuts.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!