5,814,633 Members 53,433 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone else having issues sending pictures via stock or third party app?

Tip us?

browneyedholly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Anyone else having issues sending pictures via stock or third party app?

Hello, everyone! I was wondering if anyone else is having problems sending picture messages? I started having problems on Friday. I've reset the phone, powered it off for 5 minutes and turned off WiFi. The only thing that seems to get them to send is me taking the battery out and reinserting it. I just got this phone 2 weeks ago, and I'm kind of annoyed at this problem. I had the first generation Note before this, and never had any problems like this. Thanks to all who reply!!!

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
Sorry you're having trouble. No problem here though. I just took a picture, hit share and sent via stock messaging app just fine.

theorioles33
Old
Thanks Meter 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedholly View Post
Hello, everyone! I was wondering if anyone else is having problems sending picture messages? I started having problems on Friday. I've reset the phone, powered it off for 5 minutes and turned off WiFi. The only thing that seems to get them to send is me taking the battery out and reinserting it. I just got this phone 2 weeks ago, and I'm kind of annoyed at this problem. I had the first generation Note before this, and never had any problems like this. Thanks to all who reply!!!
I've found that when using a 3rd party app like Chomp, I have to enter the APN settings manually under the 3rd party app. This first happened to me about a month ago and then recently when I went back to stock to get ready for the updates.

MMSC
http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy
proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port

wudien
Old
Thanks Meter 14
When I disabled the stock app I couldn't share pictures. Had to re enable gallery and then I could send however I wanted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
If my post was helpful, hit thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to wudien For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theorioles33
Old
Thanks Meter 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudien View Post
When I disabled the stock app I couldn't share pictures. Had to re enable gallery and then I could send however I wanted.

Hmmmm. I'm wondering if that was my problem. I may have froze the stock app when that was going on. Thanks for the tip.

wudien
Old
Thanks Meter 14
absolutely. I read on here that disabling stock app/gallery would improve battery life, due to a scanning frequency, but yeah, it made it impossible to SMS pictures.

theorioles33
Old
Thanks Meter 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudien View Post
absolutely. I read on here that disabling stock app/gallery would improve battery life, due to a scanning frequency, but yeah, it made it impossible to SMS pictures.
Oh the pitfalls of freezing apps.

browneyedholly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I went into my Turned Off apps and saw I'd turned off AT&T ready2go. I turned it back on and haven't had any problems since. Could that have possibly been it?

wudien
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedholly View Post
I went into my Turned Off apps and saw I'd turned off AT&T ready2go. I turned it back on and haven't had any problems since. Could that have possibly been it?

hmm. did you turn anything else on at the same time? im pretty sure my ATT ready2go is still disabled (and or frozen), maybe even uninstalled.