Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

[XAP] NTP Time Synchronization for interopunlocked Samsung phones

OP dada.81

5th March 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

53 posts
Because my GSM network's automatic time is somehow set wrong, the set automatic time+date doesn't work for me, so this is a quite useful app for me, it can get various NTP server times and synchronize the phone's time and date to it.
It can currently sync with multiple NTP servers, I tried to add as many as I could find, although the default Russian NTP server one works fine most of the time.
Since another person did most of the programming, and not me, it will be updated if needed, but that update might not be immediate...please add any comments bellow...second post is reserved for change log descriptions. Feel free to add your insight, along with any comments, they're all valuable.
TIA

p.s.
As of yet this can't be published to windows phone store because it uses INTEROPSERVICES capability (among other things), if anything about that changes you will be notified immediately with the store link, also you'll be notified if this ever starts working on other manufacturer's phones....until then please make sure your phone is developer unlocked to deploy/sideload it...and that it is interopunlocked to work.

p.p.s.
Last, but not least, thanks to GDTD and dimoniche.
Attached Files
File Type: xap Synchronize.xap - [Click for QR Code] (270.7 KB, 111 views)
Last edited by dada.81; 5th March 2014 at 08:39 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dada.81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

53 posts
post rsrvd
8th March 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #3  
Flag Rheinland Pfalz
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
More
wow

I was somehow expecting some ugly but functional UI, but this certainly is awesome, and it works flawless!!

and the UI is well done!!
10th March 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,709

5,732 posts
More
Any chance you can post the source? There's a capability (not INTEROPSERVICES) that specifically enables setting the time; it might be better to use that instead.
10th March 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 426

1,493 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Any chance you can post the source? There's a capability (not INTEROPSERVICES) that specifically enables setting the time; it might be better to use that instead.

Could you please provide this capability (for setting time)? I've tried to use kernel's SetSystemTime (with GetProcAddress trick) but it always returns 0 (i.e. BOOL FALSE).
10th March 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle

5,732 posts
More
You probably want ID_CAP_BUILTIN_SETTIME. Will probably require capability-unlock, but should let you use the Win32 APIs.

By the way, no need to mess with GetProcAddress. You can get the function prototype (from MSDN or from the header files) and link against the relevant library directly (may need to use DLL2LIB to extract the link library from the DLL).
10th March 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Boston, MA

1,493 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You probably want ID_CAP_BUILTIN_SETTIME. Will probably require capability-unlock, but should let you use the Win32 APIs.

I've got a build error: Error 1 The 'Name' attribute is invalid - The value 'ID_CAP_BUILTIN_SETTIME' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

Quote:

By the way, no need to mess with GetProcAddress. You can get the function prototype (from MSDN or from the header files) and link against the relevant library directly (may need to use DLL2LIB to extract the link library from the DLL).

App build by this way will never pass marketplace certification.
Last edited by sensboston; 10th March 2014 at 07:11 PM.
10th March 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle

5,732 posts
More
Well, not any more than a third-party app using ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES (or, probably, ID_CAP_BUILTIN_SETTIME) would, no... Unless you have a reason to try and be sneaky about what the app is doing, I find my approach to be more readable and straightforward. However, it's true that if you're trying to pull a fast one, it probably won't work because the import will appear in the PE data and that's easy to find.
10th March 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Flag Boston, MA

1,493 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

However, it's true that if you're trying to pull a fast one, it probably won't work because the import will appear in the PE data and that's easy to find.

Hmm... I believe we've already discussed how that stuff works (as far as I remember, I've sent you a source code). There is no imported function names in the import section, everything loaded dynamically (except one call). And - "yes" - it works perfect for store certification (just check current number of "volume controllers" at the store)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread