Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Vget now chromecast compatible..

Tip us?

EarlyMon
Old
(Last edited by EarlyMon; 27th February 2014 at 09:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 533
The financial irony here is that from various comments on the net, this has been a popular app for downloading from pirated source sites (in addition to regular use).

I have to imagine that there are a few people out there suffering from cognitive dissonance on that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50683669

PS - not pointing fingers or playing "holier than thou" - just saying, there is a comedy component here no matter who ya are.
Bang!

Best new gun forum Ballistically Speaking

bkmaracas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Thing is, it was free, people realised they could use it to share links to chromecast capable apps (that were paid), cue a lot of downloads, then he added direct chromecast support, so cue a further rush of new customers, then bang hit them with paid and kill previous version.
That's is dev prerogative, but the idea is to keep customers, not kind of annoy them.

Its just a move to cash in on the new chromecast app gold rush. Understandable but perhaps short sighted, Soon natural selection will yield less **** free apps and higher quality paid ones, but right now its a 'try anything for a bit o cash' approach. So for me that means I keep hold of my cash and dont buy any paid chromecast apps unless they totally rock.

I think using it for pirating is not main use, gee enough folk use 'shoebox' and avia or allcast for that.

Sent from my Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to bkmaracas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EarlyMon
Old
Thanks Meter 533
Never said main use.
Bang!

Best new gun forum Ballistically Speaking

mardukeme
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Well there is a new update today. The 14 day trial has been removed. Now there are two version, the pro version, and the ad supported one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mardukeme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DJames1
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
Well there is a new update today. The 14 day trial has been removed. Now there are two version, the pro version, and the ad supported one.
Where do you see that? The latest version in the Play Store still appears to be 0.4.4, 14-day trial.

mardukeme
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJames1 View Post
Where do you see that? The latest version in the Play Store still appears to be 0.4.4, 14-day trial.
Sorry I read it wrong had my eyes dilated at eye Dr today and read it wrong.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

bkmaracas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Chrome beta for android has a flag to enable casting videos, ( read up on that elsewhere if interested) and for html5 based vids it does the job for me, e.g skysports f1 web vids and the such.
So mr vget best make hay..

Sent from my Nexus 7