Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 8.0 with the PS3 Gamepad

Tip us?

EricNigma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 8.0 with the PS3 Gamepad

Hello guys,

I can't get my PS3 Gamepad to work fully with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 3G Version. I have an OTG cable and a standart USB cable. The tablet is recognizing the OTG cable, but when I connect the controller and hit the PS button just the digital navigation buttons are working. I can hit X O square and what ever I want, no button is working.

The device is not rooted and it's running on the latest OTA update.

Greetings

Eric

Eodmule
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm not using a wired controller. You can use a wireless controller with the Sixaxis app on the play store though. That's what working for me right now.

intelliriffer
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNigma View Post
Hello guys,

I can't get my PS3 Gamepad to work fully with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 3G Version. I have an OTG cable and a standart USB cable. The tablet is recognizing the OTG cable, but when I connect the controller and hit the PS button just the digital navigation buttons are working. I can hit X O square and what ever I want, no button is working.

The device is not rooted and it's running on the latest OTA update.

Greetings

Eric
Note 8 might not be supporting game controllers natively fully by itself, It did not work with my 360 wired controller either , however using an app from play store made it work (no root required).
try the USB/BT joystick center app demo from play store and see if that it works for you.