FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] Dont know where to begin with root

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By davfed, Junior Member on 5th March 2014, 06:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
It's just clicking this time. My last phone I rooted was the Bionic and that was a pain.
For the Razr, do i already have an unlocked bootloader? i believe its the xt925 but my system version is 9.18.94.xt926.Verizon.en.us.
Is the 'root for Razrhd' in the stickies still the best way to root? I'm running 4.1.2
Will the Razr HD have a dual boot like the bionic did?
What is the best rom without all the verizon bloatware?

Thank you
David
 
 
5th March 2014, 07:44 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 552
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davfed

It's just clicking this time. My last phone I rooted was the Bionic and that was a pain.
For the Razr, do i already have an unlocked bootloader? i believe its the xt925 but my system version is 9.18.94.xt926.Verizon.en.us.
Is the 'root for Razrhd' in the stickies still the best way to root? I'm running 4.1.2
Will the Razr HD have a dual boot like the bionic did?
What is the best rom without all the verizon bloatware?

Thank you
David

Follow these guys http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...post&t=2602592
If the phone came w/ ...18.94 you are locked forever.
If by luck the 926 you have was ever inlocked you may view the status in bootloader/ap fastboot. Hold all 3 keys til screen out & keep on vol keys while you toggle power off , on & off. Vol down to scroll & vol up to select fastboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 08:31 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

Follow these guys http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...post&t=2602592
If the phone came w/ ...18.94 you are locked forever.
If by luck the 926 you have was ever inlocked you may view the status in bootloader/ap fastboot. Hold all 3 keys til screen out & keep on vol keys while you toggle power off , on & off. Vol down to scroll & vol up to select fastboot.

I did do what you said and I have the ap fastboot option.
this is what it says:
AP Fastboot Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-le9f557, 2013-09-25 16:26:59)
eMMC info: size 16gb

Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Battery OK

Connect USB
Data Cable
5th March 2014, 08:42 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 552
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davfed

I did do what you said and I have the ap fastboot option.
this is what it says:
AP Fastboot Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-le9f557, 2013-09-25 16:26:59)
eMMC info: size 16gb

Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Battery OK

Connect USB
Data Cable

So you know there is no hope of a boot unlock.
Go root & safestrap. You have xposed moduals use.
Go my signature link for many 926 items that are common to 907.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

My safestrap rom/guide will help with the do's & don'ts of ss.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 08:47 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

So you know there is no hope of a boot unlock.
Go root & safestrap. You have xposed moduals use.
Go my signature link for many 926 items that are common to 907.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

My safestrap rom/guide will help with the do's & don'ts of ss.

Can I just root and have more access to my phone? I used safestrap with my bionic and didn't like it, mainly the partitioning.
Or is rooting alone not good for anything?
5th March 2014, 08:55 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 552
 
More
Yes use ss to bu/maintain your stock slot.
1st items of business is to bu your virgin sys for the KK ota as fall back for yourself.
Then xposed mods!
Don't bother with rom slots. But there is a trick to use a rom slot to flash a dst/debloated stock based rom to stock slot. See my guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 12:30 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

Yes use ss to bu/maintain your stock slot.
1st items of business is to bu your virgin sys for the KK ota as fall back for yourself.
Then xposed mods!
Don't bother with rom slots. But there is a trick to use a rom slot to flash a dst/debloated stock based rom to stock slot. See my guide.

I was hoping that rooting alone without SS would be beneficial. I didn't like having 2 OS's on the bionic and having to choose every time I rebooted, and it seemed to limit my storage space. But, I guess if i want control over the phone, that's the only way to go.

Thank you very much for helping me. I've searched but never found a straight answer.
6th March 2014, 01:42 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 552
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davfed

I was hoping that rooting alone without SS would be beneficial. I didn't like having 2 OS's on the bionic and having to choose every time I rebooted, and it seemed to limit my storage space. But, I guess if i want control over the phone, that's the only way to go.

Thank you very much for helping me. I've searched but never found a straight answer.

You are welcome.
Once you trick/restore/to the stock slot you delete the rom slot you just used as a rom holder. Also use my sd swap to let system have all internal memory.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes