Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery drops between 100 - 90%

Tip us?

insanezz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] Battery drops between 100 - 90%

I've had my moto G for about 2-3 weeks now and i still notice this weird issue with battery drops. For example:

I take it off the charger at 100% and it drains normally to 97% then i don't use the phone for maybe 15-30 minutes and suddenly the percentage dropped to 93%. Then i was using the phone again at 93% and it suddenly dropped from 93 to 90.. And this is just an example, because the percentage drop is always different but it's always between 100 and 90%

And the weird thing is that after it has gotten to 89% it just settles its self again. By settling i mean that it just drops with 1%.

I am on the latest firmware (176... european version) But i also had this issue on the firmware before (174...)

Hopefully somebody knows a solution.

rogeriorp
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Yeah I got those too on 100-90 range and also around the ~35%. It simply drops for no apparent reason, people said it's normal but I'm not entirely convinced.

insanezz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp View Post
Yeah I got those too on 100-90 range and also around the ~35%. It simply drops for no apparent reason, people said it's normal but I'm not entirely convinced.
Me neither.. This doesn't seem normal behaviour for a phone..

I'm just curious if there's way to fix it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1032 met Tapatalk