Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seidio OBEX Note 3 Case - Now Shipping!!

Tip us?

airmaxx23
Old
(Last edited by airmaxx23; 21st March 2014 at 04:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 958
Default Seidio OBEX Note 3 Case - Now Shipping!!

Just a heads up that the Seidio OBEX cases will supposedly be available before the end of March.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=CSWSSGT3-BR
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apallohadas
Old
Thanks Meter 393
For 80 bucks I'm expecting a lot.

A WHOLE LOT.
The Following User Says Thank You to apallohadas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdd2
Old
Thanks Meter 28
On my list!!

The Note 3 does everything I could ask for, but Sammi dropped the ball by not making it at the least, water resistant. The S4 Active showed that they could have, and the new S5 is rumored to come standard with IP67 (3' for 30 minutes)

I won't likely upgrade to the Note 4 - I can't see it having anything that spectacular over the 3, so a good protective case that adds true water/dust protection would be perfect.

My only concern with the OBEX is the clear screen protection material they choose to use - most plastic screen protectors are poor at best, and get progressively worse over a very short period of time . . .

Cheers'

Dan

gottria
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Never used an Obex case but a big fan of Seido. How does the obex cases compare to the Otter box defender as far as bulk? I know the obex is an all weather case.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mustangnismo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottria View Post
Never used an Obex case but a big fan of Seido. How does the obex cases compare to the Otter box defender as far as bulk? I know the obex is an all weather case.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I had both for my S3. I'd say they both add a considerable amount of bulk but it looks as if Seidio cut back a little for the Note's model based on the pictures, but of course I could be wrong. I think Seidio was a little more bulkier than the Otterbox, though. I feel its justified due to the simple fact that the Otterbox merely covers ports while Seidio has to ensure they're weather proof as well. In any case, I'm constantly refreshing the Seidio page daily waiting for the release. Must be getting close because they added 6 more pictures about 2 days ago.

I will say with the Seidio case I had more complaints about people being able to hear me clearly on the phone and it muffled the sound a bit on the ear piece, too so I resorted to bluetooth for calls. It seems that the longer my S3 was in the Seidio case, the farther away if got from the screen (mere milometers, I'm sure) but it did effect the responsiveness of the touchscreen. When you first put it in it was pretty responsive but still not as good as a stock screen. I'd love for them to release a model similar to the nude Lifeproof case for the S3... which I saw today they are now selling at Walmart.
The Following User Says Thank You to mustangnismo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

indecentspeech
Old
Thanks Meter 20
one of the ugliest, if not the ugliest $80 case ive ever seen.

Fendulon
Old
Thanks Meter 105
I actually really like the look of this case. A little pricey, but it has my interest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Phone:Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on AT&T
Rom:Dynamic Kat 4.2 with AOSP theme
The Following User Says Thank You to Fendulon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apallohadas
Old
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendulon View Post
I actually really like the look of this case. A little pricey, but it has my interest.

I wouldn't say it's ugly, just horribly priced.

Random Select
Old
Thanks Meter 39
The OBEX for the iPhone 5 was terrible (audio and earpiece issues and the flimsy port covers was a total letdown). I'd stay away from the OBEX line and hope Otterbox creates one for the Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Fendulon
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by apallohadas View Post
I wouldn't say it's ugly, just horribly priced.
I can agree with that. I might pay 60$.

Phone:Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on AT&T
Rom:Dynamic Kat 4.2 with AOSP theme