Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Accidentally wiped my nandroid

OP mmcneil

5th March 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

119 posts
I'm almost too embarrassed to post this question, but... I accidentally formatted my data partition and as a result, deleted my nandroid back up of my stock ROM. I'm on a SG4 i337 with the MDL boot loader. I have no intention of taking the phone back to AT&T for service or anything like that, but in the off chance that I may want to sell the phone, or simply go back to stock, what are my options? Obviously I don't want to update my bootloader, so is there a stock image that I can flash that will allow me to keep my current bootloader?

Thanks,

Mike
5th March 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 814

2,064 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcneil

I'm almost too embarrassed to post this question, but... I accidentally formatted my data partition and as a result, deleted my nandroid back up of my stock ROM. I'm on a SG4 i337 with the MDL boot loader. I have no intention of taking the phone back to AT&T for service or anything like that, but in the off chance that I may want to sell the phone, or simply go back to stock, what are my options? Obviously I don't want to update my bootloader, so is there a stock image that I can flash that will allow me to keep my current bootloader?

Thanks,

Mike

Go to Sammobile and get the MDL firmware. Flash it through Odin. If you don't know what I am talking about, make sure you do some research and reading before you do it.
Last edited by scott14719; 5th March 2014 at 06:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scott14719 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719

Go to Sammobile and get the MDL firmware. Flash it through Odin. If you don't know what I am talking about, make sure you do some research and reading before you do it.

Thanks Scott. And I'm a flash junkie, so I know what your're talking about So just clarify, I can flash the stock Sammy MDL and it won't screw up my boot loader?

Thanks again,

Mike
5th March 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,784

10,830 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcneil

Thanks Scott. And I'm a flash junkie, so I know what your're talking about So just clarify, I can flash the stock Sammy MDL and it won't screw up my boot loader?

Thanks again,

Mike

No it won't but you're going to want to keep WiFi off until you can freeze the att update app because it's going to want to up date you. Root and put a custom recovery and rom on as soon as you can. Make sure you plan ahead on this before flashing the firmware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread