Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

module flying android doesn't work

Tip us?

matze0611
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default module flying android doesn't work

Hello,

I have a rooted Nexus 5 with stock rom.

I tried to use xposed module "flying android", it works when I start it within apps overview, but not as explained in the video by pressing long the home button. I always get the google now icon.

Could anybody help me please?

Thank you!

Matthias

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

tkgktyk
Old
Thanks Meter 30
After installing and enabling Flying Android, you need to launch "FA Toggle" to move the window of the Activity. But this module does NOT provide any way to launch it. So you should prepare other apps to do it such as Gravity Box, SwipePad, etc. In the demo movie, I use Gravity Box to show "FA Toggle" on the Navi-ring (popup when long-pressing the home button).

matze0611
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Oh ok, I understand.

Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Jimmy34742
Old
Thanks Meter 217
version 0.6.0 causing other apps to FC all over the place. I had to revert to 0.5.6.

@tkgktyk, we really need a support thread for this great app.
Galaxy S 4 I9500 (CM 11.0 ROM (Android 4.4.4), PhilZ Touch CWM 6.0.4.7)
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (CM 11.0 ROM (Android 4.4.4), PhilZ CWM Touch 6.0.4.5)

past: Galaxy 7.7, Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy S 3, Galaxy S 2, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Milestone

tkgktyk
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy34742 View Post
version 0.6.0 causing other apps to FC all over the place. I had to revert to 0.5.6.
Thanks for your message, I fixed the bug at version 0.6.1 already uploaded.
The Following User Says Thank You to tkgktyk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jimmy34742
Old
(Last edited by Jimmy34742; 30th March 2014 at 05:28 PM.) Reason: more apps that work
Thanks Meter 217
0.6.1 is not working correctly. I can't control the black list: the checkboxes for each app don't work. The "Show only black" checkbox works. But once I open the black list, Flying Android stops working correctly until the next time I reboot my phone: when I fly an app, the fly window turns into Flying Android's app window, and when I unfly, my context has been switched to FA. If I reboot and don't open FA, it works correctly.

In addition, with 0.6.x, I'm now able to fly gReader and my phone app, which I couldn't do before.

Also, AquaMail now flies, and Firefox flies without displaying messed up graphics.

past: Galaxy 7.7, Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy S 3, Galaxy S 2, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Milestone
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy34742 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tkgktyk
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
0.6.1 is not working correctly. I can't control the black list: the checkboxes for each app don't work. The "Show only black" checkbox works. But once I open the black list, Flying Android stops working correctly until the next time I reboot my phone: when I fly an app, the fly window turns into Flying Android's app window, and when I unfly, my context has been switched to FA. If I reboot and don't open FA, it works correctly.
OK, I revert Black list's layout to previous version. And FA Toggle's behavior you said is probably Android's specification. Because FA Toggle is an Activity within Flying Android package, it brings another Activity within same package to top of app's stack if the another Activity is running on background. I think FA Toggle's flag is bad, but I couldn't fix it. Therefore, please exit Flying Android's app by pressing Back key before fly.

Quote:
In addition, with 0.6.x, I'm now able to fly gReader and my phone app, which I couldn't do before.

Also, AquaMail now flies, and Firefox flies without displaying messed up graphics.
My Galaxy Note's phone app still cannot fly. And Firefox works correctly even if flying.
I feel that model-dependent behaviors are increased on version 0.6.x. I also received a report that FA's icon is displayed on the top if FA is enabled on HTC's phone.

Jimmy34742
Old
Thanks Meter 217
With 0.5.6, I couldn't even use my phone app. I don't mean flying it, I mean it wouldn't work and I couldn't answer calls with FA enabled. I'd have to disable FA in Xposed and then reboot to make a call. But now it's ok.

Is it possible to add an option to disable FA without having to reboot? I've seen other Xposed modules that have a disable feature.

tkgktyk
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
With 0.5.6, I couldn't even use my phone app. I don't mean flying it, I mean it wouldn't work and I couldn't answer calls with FA enabled. I'd have to disable FA in Xposed and then reboot to make a call. But now it's ok.

Is it possible to add an option to disable FA without having to reboot? I've seen other Xposed modules that have a disable feature.
Could you answer calls with 0.5.6 if appends the phone app to the black list? It works as FA is disabled if the app is added to the black list.
Now, I uploaded FA version 0.6.3. The new version can change settings without rebooting, requires to recreate Activity instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to tkgktyk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jimmy34742
Old
(Last edited by Jimmy34742; 5th April 2014 at 05:49 AM.) Reason: add suggestion
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkgktyk View Post
Could you answer calls with 0.5.6 if appends the phone app to the black list? It works as FA is disabled if the app is added to the black list.
No, I had the phone app and contacts blacklisted, along with the system phone app (blacklisted by default?), but I simply could not use my phone, except in a very limited way. The phone app would pop up a warning dialog, and if I dismissed it, the phone call would disconnect. Plus, I couldn't use the keypad at all.

0.6.3 has a similar problem, and I've discovered that 0.6.2 doesn't work properly with the phone app, either. I've blacklisted the phone app and com.android.phone. I can make a phone call, but the screen goes black and then com.android.phone pops up an FC dialog. The phone call continues, but if I dismiss the dialog, the phone call will cut off. At that point, I see the keypad again and can make a new call, but the same thing happens. Also, there's a persistent notification of an ongoing phone call that I can only clear by rebooting my phone.

The other features of 0.6.3 look good and I haven't seen problems with any other apps yet.

EDIT: I want to suggest a new feature: fly the pull-down notification window. When I open notifications, I can't clear them one-handed because I can't reach the "clear" button.