Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Kernel] N900TUVUCNB4 KK Stock Kernel

OP dragonstalker

5th March 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #1  
dragonstalker's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Grovetown, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1,260
 
1,824 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Donate to Me
More
Ok so i've been messing with some other kernels to see if any of them would work, and needed a quick way to get out of bootloops. I haven't seen one yet so I mad a flashable Stock Kernel. Have fun.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407576394
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to dragonstalker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Have you tried this with an international 4.4.2 rom? I tried an international rom earlier but wifi wouldnt work. Any ideas?
6th March 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #3  
_INSPIREed's Avatar
Senior Member
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 768
 
629 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydigital00

Have you tried this with an international 4.4.2 rom? I tried an international rom earlier but wifi wouldnt work. Any ideas?


Im on Echoe rom and everything works fine?
I didn't do anything special either. Just on the 4.4 bootloader. If your on 4.3 bootloader then maybe flash the wifi/bluetooth/nfc fix
6th March 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
327 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by _INSPIREed

Im on Echoe rom and everything works fine?
I didn't do anything special either. Just on the 4.4 bootloader. If your on 4.3 bootloader then maybe flash the wifi/bluetooth/nfc fix

How did you get 4.4 intl rom to work on tmobile n3
6th March 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Are you on 4.4.2 with the new bootloader? I did the OTA update, rooted, jnstalled twrp recovery and then tried instalking an international rom. It booted but the wifi did not work.
6th March 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #6  
_INSPIREed's Avatar
Senior Member
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 768
 
629 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamolu

How did you get 4.4 intl rom to work on tmobile n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydigital00

Are you on 4.4.2 with the new bootloader? I did the OTA update, rooted, jnstalled twrp recovery and then tried instalking an international rom. It booted but the wifi did not work.


Yes I'm on 4.4 bootloader. I flashed the tmobile 4.4 nb4 tar. via odin. Flashed CF auto root n9005 version via Odin, and then flashed the TWRP .tar that @bigbiff posted via odin as well. Then in TWRP flashed the latest Philz recovery zip that works with 4.4 bootloader (thats my preference, I like PhilZ.) Then just downloaded and installed Echoe. By the way I had no idea International 4.4 Roms were sooo much faster than ours...its quite noticeable. WIFI and everything works out of box. no need to flash any kernels or anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _INSPIREed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I get stuck at Samsung Note 3 Screen..
6th March 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #8  
_INSPIREed's Avatar
Senior Member
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 768
 
629 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazywhitie

I get stuck at Samsung Note 3 Screen..

gonna need more info if you want some help bud
The Following User Says Thank You to _INSPIREed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by _INSPIREed

Yes I'm on 4.4 bootloader. I flashed the tmobile 4.4 nb4 tar. via odin. Flashed CF auto root n9005 version via Odin, and then flashed the TWRP .tar that @bigbiff posted via odin as well. Then in TWRP flashed the latest Philz recovery zip that works with 4.4 bootloader (thats my preference, I like PhilZ.) Then just downloaded and installed Echoe. By the way I had no idea International 4.4 Roms were sooo much faster than ours...its quite noticeable. WIFI and everything works out of box. no need to flash any kernels or anything.


Can you send me the link to the Philz recover you used? I tried installing Sweet Rom (international) and it wiped my internal storage. Want to try Philz to see if that will resove that problem.
6th March 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #10  
_INSPIREed's Avatar
Senior Member
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 768
 
629 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydigital00

Can you send me the link to the Philz recover you used? I tried installing Sweet Rom (international) and it wiped my internal storage. Want to try Philz to see if that will resove that problem.


its not the recovery, it's the updater script included in some international roms, you have to modify the updater script so that it doesnt do wipe internal. follow these instructions.

1. Download ROM, open .zip with winRAR or 7zip.
2. Navigate to META-INF\com\google\android
3. Drag updater-script to desktop and open in Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org)
4. Delete the following... http://imgur.com/F7rdFCo
5. Save (make sure you save as the same format - just click save and not save as)
6. Drag back into same directory and overwrite the previous updater-script in the rom .zip

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to _INSPIREed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes