Yes I'm on 4.4 bootloader. I flashed the tmobile 4.4 nb4 tar. via odin. Flashed CF auto root n9005 version via Odin, and then flashed the TWRP .tar that @bigbiff posted via odin as well. Then in TWRP flashed the latest Philz recovery zip that works with 4.4 bootloader (thats my preference, I like PhilZ.) Then just downloaded and installed Echoe. By the way I had no idea International 4.4 Roms were sooo much faster than ours...its quite noticeable. WIFI and everything works out of box. no need to flash any kernels or anything.
its not the recovery, it's the updater script included in some international roms, you have to modify the updater script so that it doesnt do wipe internal. follow these instructions.
1. Download ROM, open .zip with winRAR or 7zip.
2. Navigate to META-INF\com\google\android
3. Drag updater-script to desktop and open in Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org)
4. Delete the following... http://imgur.com/F7rdFCo
5. Save (make sure you save as the same format - just click save and not save as)
6. Drag back into same directory and overwrite the previous updater-script in the rom .zip
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|