Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HYPERDRIVE Instal Succesfull using Safestrap on build MK2 But. Low. STORAGE ?????

Tip us?

URBANDISCIPLE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] HYPERDRIVE Instal Succesfull using Safestrap on build MK2 But. Low. STORAGE ?????

I would like to start my own personal conversation about this because either every other one I find has no conclusion or just falls off

I have low storage space is what my phone says and when I look at it.. Its tiny.

As IN

142 MB small ... The worst part is I have a 64gb SD card and that literally helps nothing in this situation
And then when I go into ES manager it says I have at least 3 gbs. but whats weird is Safestrap says 6 GB open for another rom if needed

Which I checked and I only have one active so thats good there

So where can I go to free up some space

PM would be GREAT or google hangouts or something

THANKS EVERYONE

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANDISCIPLE View Post
I would like to start my own personal conversation about this because either every other one I find has no conclusion or just falls off

I have low storage space is what my phone says and when I look at it.. Its tiny.

As IN

142 MB small ... The worst part is I have a 64gb SD card and that literally helps nothing in this situation
And then when I go into ES manager it says I have at least 3 gbs. but whats weird is Safestrap says 6 GB open for another rom if needed

THANKS EVERYONE
Are you booted into a Safestrap slot (i.e. 3 Gb)? How many applications are you trying to install on top of the ROM?

You're mixing numbers up a bit, so it's hard to tell what you're seeing.
Safestrap is reporting 6 Gb free: that's the amount of internal storage that's available for new slots, which is only available to the stock rom.
When you build a slot using Safestrap, it's fixed in size (3 Gb) so if you load a lot of applications on top of your ROM, you can fill that slot up very quickly.

The ES File manager reporting 3 Gb - is that booted on the stock slot, or a custom ROM slot?
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1242

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANDISCIPLE View Post

As IN

THANKS EVERYONE
Have you tried the Disk Usage App ?

You can hunt down what's eating up your SdCard. Es has a SD Card Analyst as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 761
have you moved all data to extsd card like music, videos and picture files? I am running stock rom, and 2 custom roms with no memory issues what so ever on a 16gb phone with a 32 gb extsd card
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat

URBANDISCIPLE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
have you moved all data to extsd card like music, videos and picture files? I am running stock rom, and 2 custom roms with no memory issues what so ever on a 16gb phone with a 32 gb extsd card
Here are a few pics of what I see
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-05-13-17-45.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	2615146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-05-13-19-42.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	2615147  

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
That 15Gb of "Miscellaneous" files - do you have a bunch of ROM images on your internal memory? Or a bunch of nandoid backups?
Other than that, using the Disk Usage app that decaturbob mentioned is a good tool to use to discover where the storage is going.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1242

DONATE TO ME
Holy sh*t 15 gig of misc. Definitely use disk usage. You can keep clicking through until you see what that 15 gigs is made up of. I think ES let's you do that too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk