Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HYPERDRIVE Instal Succesfull using Safestrap on build MK2 But. Low. STORAGE ?????

OP URBANDISCIPLE

4th March 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
I would like to start my own personal conversation about this because either every other one I find has no conclusion or just falls off

I have low storage space is what my phone says and when I look at it.. Its tiny.

As IN

142 MB small ... The worst part is I have a 64gb SD card and that literally helps nothing in this situation
And then when I go into ES manager it says I have at least 3 gbs. but whats weird is Safestrap says 6 GB open for another rom if needed

Which I checked and I only have one active so thats good there

So where can I go to free up some space

PM would be GREAT or google hangouts or something

THANKS EVERYONE
4th March 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,575

1,925 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANDISCIPLE

I would like to start my own personal conversation about this because either every other one I find has no conclusion or just falls off

I have low storage space is what my phone says and when I look at it.. Its tiny.

As IN

142 MB small ... The worst part is I have a 64gb SD card and that literally helps nothing in this situation
And then when I go into ES manager it says I have at least 3 gbs. but whats weird is Safestrap says 6 GB open for another rom if needed

THANKS EVERYONE

Are you booted into a Safestrap slot (i.e. 3 Gb)? How many applications are you trying to install on top of the ROM?

You're mixing numbers up a bit, so it's hard to tell what you're seeing.
Safestrap is reporting 6 Gb free: that's the amount of internal storage that's available for new slots, which is only available to the stock rom.
When you build a slot using Safestrap, it's fixed in size (3 Gb) so if you load a lot of applications on top of your ROM, you can fill that slot up very quickly.

The ES File manager reporting 3 Gb - is that booted on the stock slot, or a custom ROM slot?
4th March 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,265

4,282 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANDISCIPLE

As IN

THANKS EVERYONE

Have you tried the Disk Usage App ?

You can hunt down what's eating up your SdCard. Es has a SD Card Analyst as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
4th March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 834

2,451 posts
have you moved all data to extsd card like music, videos and picture files? I am running stock rom, and 2 custom roms with no memory issues what so ever on a 16gb phone with a 32 gb extsd card
5th March 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

have you moved all data to extsd card like music, videos and picture files? I am running stock rom, and 2 custom roms with no memory issues what so ever on a 16gb phone with a 32 gb extsd card

Here are a few pics of what I see
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-05-13-17-45.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	2615146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-05-13-19-42.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	2615147  
5th March 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,575

1,925 posts
Donate to Me
More
That 15Gb of "Miscellaneous" files - do you have a bunch of ROM images on your internal memory? Or a bunch of nandoid backups?
Other than that, using the Disk Usage app that decaturbob mentioned is a good tool to use to discover where the storage is going.
5th March 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,265

4,282 posts
Donate to Me
More
Holy sh*t 15 gig of misc. Definitely use disk usage. You can keep clicking through until you see what that 15 gigs is made up of. I think ES let's you do that too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread