[Q] Slow 3D Performance - Stock KitKat and no root

OP radiomaiden

5th March 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
So, I've been struggling with this issue from day one ... Before I decided to buy me a friggin Note 3 I watched several reviews and youtube vids to see, among other things, how well this beast could run recent 3D games and all the people were stating that all the games they tested (dead trigger 2, dead Trigger, Dungeon hunter 4, Riptide ....) were running super smooth at 60fps ... now maybe my vision is somehow defect but when I run games such as dead trigger 2 I get very choppy framerates... like not anywhere near 60fps for most of the time ...

I thought upgrading to KikKat would do the trick - but nope, no difference ... I thinks its even worse now... also after going back to factory defaults several times did not do any good either .... So Im asking:

- Am i the only one who seems to have trouble running games in 60fps?
- if there are others who have experienced this, was there any difference when you switched to root?
- is there any fix for non-root users to get some performance boost...

Normally I would say that gaming performance on a phone is not a big deal - but since everyone seems to get super performance except me I am somewhat curious what the problem is here ... also the Note 3 isnt the cheapest smartphone on the market, so it better perform as fast as possible :P

Heres some Details:
Model: SM-N9005
Build: KOT49H.N9005XXUENB4
Bought in Germany, carrier-independet
Last edited by radiomaiden; 5th March 2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: adding details
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread