Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Dialer + Sip + Bluetooth headset question.

Tip us?

jb0nd38372
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Google Dialer + Sip + Bluetooth headset question.

I have the Google Dialer installed and working. The phone will take cell tower codes and execute them. I also have a working sip account setup in the dialer that makes and receives calls fine.

What I don't have is this:

I have a BlueAnt T3 headset. It pairs fine, but the only option is media use. Even after I select that and try to dial a number the dialer will switch back to the nexus speaker for output, then when I hang up it switches back to the headset. What am I doing wrong?

jb0nd38372
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Anyone?

raidscsi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a Nexus 7 Deb, running unlocked and rooted stock 4.4.2 KVT49L with a Verizon Phone SIM. What dialer are you using? I have tried a few phone.apk files from other devices with no luck at all.

jb0nd38372
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidscsi View Post
I have a Nexus 7 Deb, running unlocked and rooted stock 4.4.2 KVT49L with a Verizon Phone SIM. What dialer are you using? I have tried a few phone.apk files from other devices with no luck at all.
I'm using the Google dialer that I used to enable sms / mmi codes from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2539407

it's so weird that bluetooth works, but the instant I make a call it switches back to the nexus internal speaker.

raidscsi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0nd38372 View Post
I'm using the Google dialer that I used to enable sms / mmi codes from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2539407

it's so weird that bluetooth works, but the instant I make a call it switches back to the nexus internal speaker.
I think I have that installed, I installed xposed and the sms mod, but I cannot send MMS. If I try to make a call using hangouts or with google now it just hangs, and I have tried to install the phone.apk from other devices and they will not install.

I think the MMS failures are from wrong APN settings in either the device or the hangouts app. But my APN settings in android are missing, and the APN settings in hangouts do not save, (a known reportedly fixed bug.)

I also used TitaniumBackup to remove the "BasicSMSReceiver" so that I dont get double notifications when I receive a SMS.

Where do I get a actaul phone dialer apk?
Tags
bluetooth, nexus 7 (2013, sip calling