Capacitive buttons do not work after 4.3 OTA update

Tip us?

Scythe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Capacitive buttons do not work after 4.3 OTA update

Hi everyone;

I do have a problem with my note 2 which is exported from united arab emirates to Turkey(or it seems like), and after waiting for a long time android 4.3 update is released for united arab emirates so I decided to upgrade system via OTA using wifi connection. And phone normally reboots and working flawlessly... but then I realize capacitive touch buttons(menu settings and back button) are not responding also no light showing. I tried wiping cache from settings inside OS and wipe them from recovery mode but again it did not work. I think maybe I can reinstall 4.3 or revert back to 4.1.2 but as I understood it is nearly impossible to achive and I also dont have any root and knox counter is 0, I do have a nexus 4 and I can do some sort of things as unlocking bootloader, custom recovery, even root but for this phone I'm not really sure what should or can I do. I'm sorry already if there is already a topic about this issue but I couldnt find it also, I would be very grateful if any of you could help me.

Thanks in advance.

akp.ajinkya
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Can you go into download mode by pressing Volume Down,Home and Power button?If so,you can flash stock rom using odin.
If you cant try using the adb command "adb reboot download" without the quotes or by using USB jig to go into download mode.

Current Phone:Galaxy Note II
Android Version:4.3
Kernel version:Stock
Rom:Stock
Recovery:Philz Touch Recovery

Current Tablet:Samsung Tab 2 P3100
Android Version:4.2.2
Rom:Stock
Kernel version:Stock
Recovery:Philz Touch Recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to akp.ajinkya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Scythe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Yes, I can get into download mode but I was reluctant to use odin because I thought it may mess up with knox counter, but as far as I understand flashing stock rom will not trigger it(I hope). Thanks for your help, I may try reflashing and if it does not work again I will send phone to distributor for repairs or RMA.

kokogh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default nothing worked for me what should i do ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp.ajinkya View Post
Can you go into download mode by pressing Volume Down,Home and Power button?If so,you can flash stock rom using odin.
If you cant try using the adb command "adb reboot download" without the quotes or by using USB jig to go into download mode.
i did what you say and didnt work.......tried to flash the 4.1.2 and i got FAIL in odin so i cant go back to 4.1.2 .....i tried flashing a custom rom the buttons worked but i need to have the stock 4.3 since the custom rom i flashed was based on 4.1.2.....please help me im desperate....i have been working on the device for 3 days now .....thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrye View Post
Hi everyone;

I do have a problem with my note 2 which is exported from united arab emirates to Turkey(or it seems like), and after waiting for a long time android 4.3 update is released for united arab emirates so I decided to upgrade system via OTA using wifi connection. And phone normally reboots and working flawlessly... but then I realize capacitive touch buttons(menu settings and back button) are not responding also no light showing. I tried wiping cache from settings inside OS and wipe them from recovery mode but again it did not work. I think maybe I can reinstall 4.3 or revert back to 4.1.2 but as I understood it is nearly impossible to achive and I also dont have any root and knox counter is 0, I do have a nexus 4 and I can do some sort of things as unlocking bootloader, custom recovery, even root but for this phone I'm not really sure what should or can I do. I'm sorry already if there is already a topic about this issue but I couldnt find it also, I would be very grateful if any of you could help me.

Thanks in advance.
is ur problem solved ???? i have the same problem ,,,if u got a solution please tell me........
thanks in advance

Scythe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unfotunately no, I only tried to reflashing rom and result is same. But you are saying you flashed a custom rom and buttons were working again, your knox counter is triggered right ?

asusta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problem

I had the same problem tried lots of things, but couldn't find a solution so I turned back to 4.1.2(ARHD 19.0)..

gatesxray
Old
Thanks Meter 0
same problem... And i cant go back 4.1.2

gatesxray
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatesxray View Post
same problem... And i cant go back 4.1.2
bump