5,604,122 Members 49,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] Collection

Tip us?

SHadowral
Old
(Last edited by SHadowral; 12th December 2013 at 03:13 PM.) Reason: Wrong word :P
Thanks Meter 2
Maybe you could explain where to see the build date.
As far as I know its in the serial number after the characters. But in my case (and maybe others) I canīt see a date in 160074 .

lpdunwell
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
done
Sent from my block of wood using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lpdunwell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stream1313
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default hard bricked tf701t

Dear lpdunwell,

I have a bricked tf701, only asus logo available and loopboot, fastboot menu is broken as well. Only APX mode working, but I could not find appropriate nvflash for my pad (s I see there is no nvflash currently available for my tab)

In your explanation about bricked device, you wrote that there is possibility to recover tf701?

Please describe what nvflash version should I use to succeed?

Thanks in advance,
stream1313

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stream1313 View Post
Dear lpdunwell,

I have a bricked tf701, only asus logo available and loopboot, fastboot menu is broken as well. Only APX mode working, but I could not find appropriate nvflash for my pad (s I see there is no nvflash currently available for my tab)

In your explanation about bricked device, you wrote that there is possibility to recover tf701?

Please describe what nvflash version should I use to succeed?

Thanks in advance,
stream1313
Sorry mate we don't have nvflash and it is too late for you now anyway If you only have access to APX you are hard bricked. Best to sell it for parts and move on.... Or if you want to revive it send it to Asus to fix at a cost or source a replacement mainboard and do it yourself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development

stream1313
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Sorry mate we don't have nvflash and it is too late for you now anyway If you only have access to APX you are hard bricked. Best to sell it for parts and move on.... Or if you want to revive it send it to Asus to fix at a cost or source a replacement mainboard and do it yourself.

Hi man.. Why do you think I have to forget about my toy.. It was my Christmas (New Year in Tbilisi, Georgia, opposite planet side) present to myself But it is all the lyric only
Pls explain - do you really think that for ex., several weeks / months later, smb will create the nvflash or any similar SW which will be able to fix my problem? Actually I believe that until all electronic components are ok, device is not "dead" forever... Why you so pessimistic exactly for 701 transformer tab? Pls if you have time reply me

Kind regards,
Stan

sbdags
Old
(Last edited by sbdags; 5th March 2014 at 11:00 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi man.. Why do you think I have to forget about my toy.. It was my Christmas (New Year in Tbilisi, Georgia, opposite planet side) present to myself But it is all the lyric only
Pls explain - do you really think that for ex., several weeks / months later, smb will create the nvflash or any similar SW which will be able to fix my problem? Actually I believe that until all electronic components are ok, device is not "dead" forever... Why you so pessimistic exactly for 701 transformer tab? Pls if you have time reply me

Kind regards,
Stan
the way nv flash works is you need to flash the special bootloader to extract your device blobs and device specific keys. As you haven't been able to do it and you CANNOT do it once you have bricked you will have no chance. How are you going to flash a bootloader that you need fastboot for?

Sorry to bring bad news but if you only have APX with no saved nv flash files (which is not yet avail for our device) then you currently have 0% chance of recovering.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

stream1313
Old
(Last edited by stream1313; 5th March 2014 at 10:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
the way nv flash works is you need to flash the special bootloader to extract your device blobs and device specific keys. As you haven't been able to do it and you CANNOT do it once you have bricked you will have no chance. How are you going to flash a bootloader that you need fastboot for?

Sorry to bring bad news but if you only have APX with no saved nv flash files (which is not yet avail for or device) then you currently have 0% chance of recovering.
Thanks a lot for reply (as well as for my another, initial thread reply) I have only CWM backup of my tab, on the MD card. But I do not know, does this backup contain all needed stuff? At list, I did not found there saved nv flash or blob files. Just "blobgenerator" (462Kb) and "blobtester" (370Kb), also some system files with "nv" in the name. But I do not have Idea, does CWM saving the low level loader files, at list I was not able to recognize them there...

my apologize for too many questions as well as for my poor English - it is not my native lang

Kind regards,
Stan

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks a lot for reply (as well as for my another, initial thread reply) I have only CWM backup of my tab, on the MD card. But I do not know, does this backup contain all needed stuff? At list, I did not found there saved nv flash or blob files. Just "blobgenerator" (462Kb) and "blobtester" (370Kb), also some system files with "nv" in the name. But I do not have Idea, does CWM saving the low level loader files, at list I was not able to recognize them there...

my apologize for too many questions as well as for my poor English - it is not my native lang

Kind regards,
Stan
No having CWM backups saved won't help you as you have no way of getting to the bootloader which would then be used to open the recovery so you could restore. WIthout a working bootloader you can't proceed. NV Flash uses APX mode to restore the blobs via the wheelie binary. You haven't captured the blobs to restore and as they are encrypted to your device you can't use anyone elses.

It's a new main board or nothing I'm afraid.

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

stream1313
Old
(Last edited by stream1313; 6th March 2014 at 02:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
No having CWM backups saved won't help you as you have no way of getting to the bootloader which would then be used to open the recovery so you could restore. WIthout a working bootloader you can't proceed. NV Flash uses APX mode to restore the blobs via the wheelie binary. You haven't captured the blobs to restore and as they are encrypted to your device you can't use anyone elses.

It's a new main board or nothing I'm afraid.

I see, everything is clear. Thanks for your time man. But I beleive that Asus has some kind of "backdoor" for such cases, for internal usage, of course. Asus manifest about "mainboard replacement" probably just for business, normally must be some way to crack this protection. I hope somebody from Asus will share some useful info or even software for public usage... Maybe it's my dreams only, I'm realistic (I'm working as IT/IS/GSM/WCDMA, but I'm so far from programming..)

Again, thank you. Pls notify me in case of any news about K00C hack

Tags
tf701 root cwm recovery brick custom