Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Why there are so many 4.4 KK ROMs for international and none for AT&T/TELUS?

OP xeldiosx

5th March 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi everyone,
as the subject says I tried looking for an answer in the development forum, in the Q&A and overall around but I couldn't find a specific technical answer to the question above.

I know that the evitareul has the LTE radio part which (probably) could make things harder but is that the reason why there are so many 4.4 KK ROMs for INTERNATIONAL and no > 4.2.x for AT&T/TELUS?

for the Mods: if this is a duplicate post, feel free to merge it wherever you find appropriate and I'll read the answer there.

Thanks for all your answers and all the XDA DEVs and community work.
5th March 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 94

385 posts
More
Well, if you read in the current threads that are available for the AT&TOne X+, you would have seen that we have a kernel issue and that the only dev for the Att One X+ is @Lloir. He is waiting for 4.2.2 kernel source which I put in a request for not too long ago.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I'm not trying to be rude but just read and you'll know why certain things are happening.

5th March 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlexander_AlexanderX

Well, if you read in the current threads that are available for the AT&TOne X+, you would have seen that we have a kernel issue and that the only dev for the Att One X+ is @Lloir. He is waiting for 4.2.2 kernel source which I put in a request for not too long ago.

Hi Alex,
thank for you answer. I'll check your answers/posts and read there then. Thanks also for your work then, hopefully we'll get rid of the kernel issue soon.

Quote:

I'm not trying to be rude but just read and you'll know why certain things are happening.

Don't worry, I knew it was a bit of a lame question but I couldn't really find an answer and knew that I was probably just missing it in a silly way, that's why I also said the part about the merging.

Thanks again and have a nice day man.
6th March 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 711

1,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Any replies from HTC?

Sent from my HTC One X+
6th March 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 94

385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixcarnage

Any replies from HTC?

Sent from my HTC One X+

Yeah, they said they dont have an ETA but they sent in a request for me and that I should keep an eye on htcdev.com for the kernel release. Here's quote the quotes. Phone died so I cant screenshot atm.
Dear Richard Marzouca,

Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support, I will gladly assist you.

At this point in time, we do not have an estimate ETA for this Kernel to be available, nevertheless, I would like to submit your request to the appropriate department, therefore, I would like to ask you what Android version or Software version are you requesting the source code for.

I look forward for your reply which you can send by following the link below, Richard. You can also reach us at http://www.htc.com/us/why-switch/3-w...arn/live-chat/ for chat assistance or call us at 1-866-449-8358 from 8AM to 1AM ET, 7 days a week.

If this answers your comment or question, please click here to complete the process.

To submit another comment, please click here.

Sincerely,

The HTCDev Team

Dear Richard Marzouca,

Thanks for your response.

I submitted your request for review. I kindly ask you to keep an eye on HTCdev.com where we will publish new Kernel source codes as they become available. Please do not hesitate to contact me back anytime by replying back to this email.

You can also reach us at http://www.htc.com/us/why-switch/3-w...arn/live-chat/ for chat assistance or call us at 1-866-449-8358 from 8AM to 1AM ET, 7 days a week.

If this answers your comment or question, please click here to complete the process.

To submit another comment, please click here.

Sincerely,

The HTCDev Team
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread